Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

predator programmers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you all sincerely, i have never used the diablo for anything but a scan tool, i got it years ago from a friend that tuned with it.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 PM

I have used the hand held and tuned it myself with a 20 whp gain and similar tq gains.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Superchips here...gained 90 hp/90 tq with just a few clicks. Even makes my nitrous hit twice as hard.

That is pretty cool about the new Diablo stuff, though.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Yeah when I used the predator on the Dyno what I did was tune off the stock bin and if I remember right I was able to advance 6* degrees of timing and the fuel was barely
Even touched as it was already at a 12.8 afr. I tried leaning it out and playing with the timing but 12.7-12.8 is where it wanted to be with 87oct.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CC05
Superchips here...gained 90 hp/90 tq with just a few clicks. Even makes my nitrous hit twice as hard.

That is pretty cool about the new Diablo stuff, though.
That's quite a claim for any tuning software. Engine specs?

I can sell you magnetic fuel line clamps that will boost you by another 20hp.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

i have a predator for my truck. it doesn't do **** for power. it does turn off the speed limiter and adjust for tire and gear changes. but thats all its good for.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ieatpeople
i have a predator for my truck. it doesn't do **** for power. it does turn off the speed limiter and adjust for tire and gear changes. but thats all its good for.
Did you just install it and load up one of the bins on there? To be honest just because it's a handheld with some bins in there doesn't mean it will 100% work.
I did that and had better results dynoing the truck with the handheld.this is the graph 5.3 intake pipe, Gibson catback, cat delete, 200+ thousand on the odometer,Dynoed predator handheld
this was the difference.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Suburbazine
That's quite a claim for any tuning software. Engine specs?

I can sell you magnetic fuel line clamps that will boost you by another 20hp.
Specs: blinker fluid's full, dual flowfaster exhaust w/ stacks, 6 Optima batteries, and a Poweraid throttle body spacer.

...or maybe I just deal with HPTuners.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok, let me clear some things up here

If this is an OLD U7198, with version 1.XX or 2.XX, it can be sent in for the $99 hardware upgrade to be made into a newer tool, and at that time, we could change it to a U7193 for the 05 model truck. The upgrade will add datalogging, and make the tool internet updateable.

Customtuning is available, and the tools themselves have a bunch of adjustability.
You can alter spark and fueling at WOT, adjust idle speed, rev and speed limits, tire size/gear ratio, adjust shift points and firmness at WOT and part throttle...they are VERY useful tools

With custom tuning, there is no limit to what can be tuned with a Predator. I have customers with 800 rwhp blown combos, 900 HP N2O combos, and 100+ rwhp TT combos, all flashed with a Predator. Not so limited

I know the GM world likes to think handhelds are no good, but look around the Ford and HEMI markets, there is no other option (I guess HPt has some newer Ford stuff). Handhelds and custom tuning with those handhelds is the way of the world. Heck, if you have a HEMI, and you dont have one of our Predators/Intunes/Trinity tuners, you are the slow guy, period...

Lemme know if anyone has any questions.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ieatpeople
What kind of gains were you expecting?

The 4.8 is no monster, gains are about 17 rwhp peak on premium fuel. That could be tough to feel in a big truck, but i would be willing to bet there are gains should you measure it on a dyno or back to back at the track.

Tahnks

Quick Reply: predator programmers