Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

predator programmers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Ok, let me clear some things up here

If this is an OLD U7198, with version 1.XX or 2.XX, it can be sent in for the $99 hardware upgrade to be made into a newer tool, and at that time, we could change it to a U7193 for the 05 model truck. The upgrade will add datalogging, and make the tool internet updateable.

Customtuning is available, and the tools themselves have a bunch of adjustability.
You can alter spark and fueling at WOT, adjust idle speed, rev and speed limits, tire size/gear ratio, adjust shift points and firmness at WOT and part throttle...they are VERY useful tools

With custom tuning, there is no limit to what can be tuned with a Predator. I have customers with 800 rwhp blown combos, 900 HP N2O combos, and 100+ rwhp TT combos, all flashed with a Predator. Not so limited

I know the GM world likes to think handhelds are no good, but look around the Ford and HEMI markets, there is no other option (I guess HPt has some newer Ford stuff). Handhelds and custom tuning with those handhelds is the way of the world. Heck, if you have a HEMI, and you dont have one of our Predators/Intunes/Trinity tuners, you are the slow guy, period...

Lemme know if anyone has any questions.
That's good news then. I've generally considered ALL handhelds to be useless due to the lack of custom programming and ability to compensate for specific features.