Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Predator U7193 05 Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator U7193 05 Avalanche

I got the Predator and have installed the Performance tune. Now I have to figure out how to fine tune it to get the most out of it. I still need to drive it for a while so I can get a good feel for how it is performing. There are a lot of parameters that can be adjusted and I have no clue what most of them are.

The tune has helped eliminate the drone from the exhaust. The shift from 1-2 is a little rough and there is still some lag in 2nd. Need to kicks down quicker. The AV does responde much better at highway speeds.

I have no idea how this translates to adjusting the parameters.

Any suggestions or any custome tunes?

The manual does not provide much info and neither does Diablos site.
I am in the Austin TX area if anyone can help?

Last edited by Iceberg; 07-22-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Not to many on here use any kind of handheld tuners that I know of.. Most have either HP Tuners, EFI Live or a custom tune. I had a predator for a short time till I learned about Hp Tuners.

Sounds like you need to turn the shift pressure down a little for the 1>2 shift and decrease the shift time. Also look to decrease anything that eludes to torque management as that is the main culprit for weak sloppy feeling shifts.

When I had my predator I got a custom tune done just to activate the pcm for e-fans from a guy named Jared at currentperformance.com
Of all the places I e-mailed that do custom predator tuning he had the best price for what I wanted by far. You might call or shoot him and e-mail and see if he can help you out.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Thaks for the reply. I know the shift patterns has to be changed but I have no idea how to do it. No detailed information from DiabloSports manuals. I will try to change Torque Managment. Does this also disable the Stabilitrak sytem? I know the Predators tune decreases TM a little. Kick down needs to happen quicker too without having to floor the pedal.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely turn down the shift pressure if it is shifting to hard. I've done some adjustments with my diablo and to figure it out I just went through all the options of what to change and tried different things till I liked the way it was running. Not too much directions or reading etc
Old 07-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlownHD
Definitely turn down the shift pressure if it is shifting to hard. I've done some adjustments with my diablo and to figure it out I just went through all the options of what to change and tried different things till I liked the way it was running. Not too much directions or reading etc

I have to figure out how to make the adjustments. I don't want to do any damage to the truck. It looks like you can change the shift pressure for each gear. I am very new to all this programming.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM

What is a good % to reduce shift pressure. What would be the best way to adjust for a quicker downshift? It can be adjusted by rpm or mph.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:27 AM

Question

Another question. What is the difference between the 87 Octane tune and the Performance tune?? WHich tune are most of you running on your 5.3L??