Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Primary VE Table - HPTuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Primary VE Table - HPTuners

I cannot find a primary or main VE table in HPTuners for my 2008 sierra. Is it listed under another name?
Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bdubb
I cannot find a primary or main VE table in HPTuners for my 2008 sierra. Is it listed under another name?
You will not find a "main VE table" in your 08 operating system. These newer operating systems actually have their volumetric efficiency made up from a group of VE Coefficients, in a nutshell. It's late and I am tired from a long PCM swap and tuning session today otherwise I'd get into the scientific jargon of how it works, sorry.

However though since you are using Hptuners their is hope to still be able to tune these coefficients using an outside program that is designed to work with Hptuners. Doing a search over on Hptuners forum you can find it pretty easily.

In short you insert these coefficients into the program and it spits out a VE table in the program, from there you can make changes to this VE table based on data from your logs and it then makes changes to the coefficients in which you then paste back into your tune. Yeah I know right now you are thinking sounds like a lot of complicated BS but the program actually is pretty easy to use and understand.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
You will not find a "main VE table" in your 08 operating system. These newer operating systems actually have their volumetric efficiency made up from a group of VE Coefficients, in a nutshell. It's late and I am tired from a long PCM swap and tuning session today otherwise I'd get into the scientific jargon of how it works, sorry.

However though since you are using Hptuners their is hope to still be able to tune these coefficients using an outside program that is designed to work with Hptuners. Doing a search over on Hptuners forum you can find it pretty easily.

In short you insert these coefficients into the program and it spits out a VE table in the program, from there you can make changes to this VE table based on data from your logs and it then makes changes to the coefficients in which you then paste back into your tune. Yeah I know right now you are thinking sounds like a lot of complicated BS but the program actually is pretty easy to use and understand.
Equation VE <> VE Table V2 - HP Tuners Bulletin Board
Old 03-03-2012, 10:22 PM
FormerVendor

Their you go! Thanks dewmanshu, was just getting ready to post a link.

Their is also even a newer version of it too now like version 3 or 3.5 or something like that,can't remember exactly right now but anyways that link will definately get you going in the right direction. It is a very slick program, a BIG thumbs up to the guy that created it, excellent work.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeh he has the updates in that link. I have never used it, been out of tuning too long. But heard nothing but cool things about that. If I had an '08 I'd paypal that guy a donation for sure!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys!