Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Question on 42 lb/hr Marine Injector Values

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on 42 lb/hr Marine Injector Values

For a N/A 6.0L, would it be safe to copy over all the injector values from a 6.0L radix tune? I'm thinking yes since the radix ships with the same injectors and they build no boost at idle. As long as the years and OS match, right? I'm sick of dicking around with the settings and trying to figure it out myself.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

search it on HPT . . . there's several tables already on there

fuel pump pressure makes a difference too
Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tootall
fuel pump pressure makes a difference too
This is a very important piece of the puzzle IMO for returnless fuel systems... I know that I have a FP drop at WOT (verified with a mech gauge), causing my IFR number to be inaccurate, thus inflating the VE values, thus causing it to calculate the wrong Airmass, at least IMO.. I plan to do some testing with a electronic FP sensor and the aid of the attached spreadsheet which compensates for ACTUAL fuel pressure, instead of 58psi across the board.. Also redhardsupra did a really good write up on the affects of actual fuel pressure in regards to IFR and VE values... as seen here
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/200...formation.html
Attached Files
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main thing is to make sure all of the injector tables are tuned other than just the IFR their is voltage offsets, min. pulsewidths, and so on. If injectors are changed on any vehicle and somebody just goes in and just sets the IFR table and calls it good then you are pretty much "raping" the tune because then the fueling error just ends up getting "baked" into the VE and then the airflow calculations are wrong. If injectors are tuned in right then their should only maybe be a very slight adjustment made to the VE table at the most.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
The main thing is to make sure all of the injector tables are tuned other than just the IFR their is voltage offsets, min. pulsewidths, and so on. If injectors are changed on any vehicle and somebody just goes in and just sets the IFR table and calls it good then you are pretty much "raping" the tune because then the fueling error just ends up getting "baked" into the VE and then the airflow calculations are wrong. If injectors are tuned in right then their should only maybe be a very slight adjustment made to the VE table at the most.
+1 on that... This is the reason why my VE table looks like the rockies mountains
Old 11-10-2009, 02:47 PM
FormerVendor

The 42lb marine injectors are a very nice choice for an upgrade especially being plug and play for the trucks but I dont like the fact that their isn't much in the way of info out there on those suckers unfortunately.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Are these Multec II 43lb injectors you are refering to?

42,43 or 44lb from what I found were all the same just rated slightly different depending on who made them.

Yours are 43.x at 58psi right?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Are these Multec II 43lb injectors you are refering to?

42,43 or 44lb from what I found were all the same just rated slightly different depending on who made them.

Yours are 43.x at 58psi right?
Correct but that's just getting the IFR table right which is only one part of tuning injectors. That's the easy part. Then you got min. pulsewidth, offsets, short pulse adder and so on.... which need to be changed also.

Me personally no I am not running the Multec II 43lbers
Old 11-11-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, I am referring to the multec II 8.1L marine injectors...... Even looking at several magnussen toons (pun intended) that they all have different settings for these particular injectors. It's like they couldn't make up their mind.......
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Are these for your truck? There is a spreadsheet around to calculate the values to use for IFR at least.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...6&d=1204397157

Same idea as the sheet Corey posted. Sorry I didn't notice he posted one till later.

Last edited by Mort; 11-11-2009 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Question on 42 lb/hr Marine Injector Values