Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

question about blackbear tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about blackbear tuning

to those who have gotten a black bear tune, how long did the whole process take from start to finish (placing the order, getting the scan tool, uploading the data, getting your pcm)? was there a wait for the scan tool because of people in front of you? i talked with justin probably over a year ago and things fell through and i was unable to get the tune. well now i am ready again to finally do it. i am very eager to finally get this after reading all of the success stories and positive feedback from what he can do. i emailed him yesterday but have not gotten a response yet. any input or help would be appreciated
Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problems here...smooth as silk. call him...hes good about calling people back.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He doesnt have good phone service in his house so leave him a voice mail if you call. He stays pretty busy..
But if you hang in there you will not be dissapointed!!

Where are you located?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

He has been SUPER busy the past few weeks, and will be hard to get ahold of. I know you want your tune really bad, but if you send him an email he will get back to you in a few days. About the wait for the scan cable, I have no idea, but I've heard he just bought a lot more of them, so it might not be that bad.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Truck Sponsor

Even though we both tune I will say that Justin is a good guy and very honest
Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Justin at Black bear performance is a great guy to deal and his tunes and customer service cant be beat He is very knowledgeable and will take the time and answer any questions you have. Be patient its a tune worth waiting for.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Baltimore Whore

Thumbs up

Can't say anthing bad bout J. He is the man. He is still fine tuning for me, has answered my ?? some dumb at times, atleast for him maybe, helped me understand alot more as far as tuning, things.. He did receive more cables, but is busy as hell like said, if your set on him, he is NO BS you will get a great tune... But it may take a lil time to get a rep, but don't be discouraged..
A1

John

Last edited by Mangled03gmc; 10-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Teching In

thanks for the responses. i am located in lafayette, louisiana.

i've been debating whether to buy a new 08 sierra crew cab with the 20's or get a new motorcycle or just keep the truck and bike i currently have and just mod them. the truck has 132000 miles on it all stock except for the sound system, K&N FIPK2, a flowmaster turned down, and a superchip (that left much to be desired).

i didn't know how much longer i would keep it, but she runs great, doesn't burn oil, never had any major problems since i bought it used at 75000 miles and its paid for. i just want a little extra umph out of it.

i'm still possibly thinking about a supercharger or a sts system, but i'll start with this and see if this will give me what i'm looking for, then maybe do some long tubes and a cam. i have some questions about the sts but i guess i'll ask that in the forced induction section.

edit: and i've read good things about both nelson and wheatley, i just like the fact of the data logging, that its something particularly tailored to the way my vehicle currently performs and i can do the crank relearn myself. when i first started looking at custom tunes before i know of blackbear i was debating between wait4me and wheatley and almost went with w4m before i heard alot of horror stories about them then decided to hold off on a custom tune
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Even though we both tune I will say that Justin is a good guy and very honest
He looks shady to me.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

He looks like he is fugging sleepy to me hahahahahahhahahaha

John

Quick Reply: question about blackbear tuning