Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Readiness test?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by krambo
You will be able to pass with one of the readiness still "not ready" (at least in PA). It has taken me over 1k before to have them all go into ready. Here is a tip. Fill up to the brim and make as many short trips as you can making sure that you get to operating temperature each time. That worked for me. I was taking my truck to work (1.5 hr commute each way) and filling up every 3 days which never let the EVAP system to fall ready for some reason.

I have my rear cat codes off as well as a few others and my catalyst readiness went ready in like 500 miles of mostly short trips.

Are you reflashing, undoing the battery or somehow letting the voltage to the PCM drop? I have heard of a dying battery causing this as well. A faulty battery will make the PCM think that it is disconnected everytime you shut off the truck.
Yep, mine just passed PA Insp. & Em. today with the Evap- Not complete You are allowed 1 not complete here in PA. Rear 02's are turned off on mine as well.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Your catalyst readiness test will never complete, this is due to you not having cats. This test uses the rear O2s to check the efficiency of the cats, once it likes the results it will complete the readiness test. Just because you disabled the rear O2 codes (unchecked SES ENABLE, 3 - NO ERROR REPORTED), doesn't mean you will pass the sniffer. The Evap might be in the same loop, possibly not, but if those codes are also disabled then the test will never complete. I have these readiness test incomplete on my 2001 SS, and I have not flashed the file for about three months. This is plenty of time to complete any readiness tests, but since I have not cats (turned off the codes just like you), they can not complete. Now if you put O2 sims in the back to simulate the (missing) cats are functioning properly, then these test will complete after about 100 miles. Here is Ca, you will not pass if a readiness test in not completed. Good luck!

Maybe I have a bastard PCM but I have had no cats and I disabled the rear O2's (all associated DTC's) and I did go ready on the catalyst check. The rear O2's were sitll installed and plugged in. It took a while of short trip driving but they all did eventually go ready. Now the Evap, that little bugger is ready sometimes and other times not ready. I swear it resets every time I fill up or take the gas cap off.

So, does anybody know how to back-door force the readiness checks? I am all ears