Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Reduced Engine Power mode please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Reduced Engine Power mode please help

I have been one of the people plagued with the REP mode. I have tried different TB's, and replaced all the wiring. I really don't want to get rid of the truck, but that is becoming one of the options. I can't even go WOT anymore without getting REP. I do not think there is a fix in the tune for this anymore. What I am wondering is if anyone has connected wires going to the TB, to wires coming from the TB so that the TPS matches. When it starts moving air, the throttle blade % changes, and forces it into REP mode. With the engine off, it will not go into REP. You can move the throttle through the full range of motion and not get REP mode. I understand it could be dangerous to connect the wires, but this is my last resort short of switching to a cable (I am not even sure if it can be done properly).
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just replaced the entire TB harness but I see that you already did that. I think going cable would be your best bet but I can see why you would be hesitant to go that route.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious did u change the pcm?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

I have the original PCM running a COS3 EFI Live semi loop SD tune. I don't think it is the PCM. If I lower boost, it is fine. I only have problems when I run higher boost. I am also wondering if it is a water/meth problem since it is spraying directly before the TB. I might turn off the water meth to see if that does the trick first.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you logging airflow (DYNCYLAIR and DYNAIR)? Is this happening at a certain airflow value? This was happening to me last year when my DYNAIR was maxed (512g/s).... whenever DYNCYLAIR would hit around 2.58g/s it would trigger REP. The cure was to scale the tune.

A couple of years back maxing our B0120 seemed to also solve an REP issue with my SD tune.

Are all DTCs enabled in the tune?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, I have all DTC's enabled now. I am getting P2101 to trigger REP. I wish I was home this evening, I really want to mess around with B0120. I am running an SD tune. I don't have a MAF installed at all. I only get it at higher RPM's.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Do you have the freeze frame data that was stored with that P2101?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Junkie

No I don't. I will try to grab one after work today if the weather is clear. Can I just connect the wire coming from the TAC module to the wire coming from the TB to make the PCM think they are working together properly?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Can I just connect the wire coming from the TAC module to the wire coming from the TB to make the PCM think they are working together properly?
Not exactly sure what you mean?
Old 06-12-2012, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Well maybe I'm not sure how it works. I assume there is a wire that says what the pedal assembly is at. I also assume there is a TPS that tells what the blade is actually at. I was wondering if they worked off of the same voltage if you could tie them together so they always matched. Every time I go into REP, my log shows that my blade is slightly closing right before it trips. Then I get the P2101 code for a restricted blade.

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power mode please help