Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Reduced Engine Power mode please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe that the pedal and TP sensors use different ranges. Also, if the TAC module sees 2 signals that match perfectly it will detect a short condition and trigger REP.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does your c6101 ETC table look like? how much % did you add? i did have a lot REP i solved them by modified the table like this.
Attached Thumbnails Reduced Engine Power mode please help-efilivecapture.png  

Last edited by blazinblue; 06-12-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is possible that the blade could start closing before a code is set and REP is trigered. When I was having the MAP rationality issue that B0120 seemed to resolve, the blade would start to close before any code was set and then open again because the parameters would fall back within the expected range before any code was triggered. The throttle would go from WOT to closed a couple of times before I could really get rolling. Depending on the particular code, the fault condition has to be present for a given length of time before REP is triggered. Or there could be something else that is causing the blade to close somewhat and is actually triggering REP.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have increased C6101 before with no luck. I am actually waiting for the weather to clear so I can see if B0120 helps. I am crossing my fingers hoping that was the problem with my LS7 TB. I should be able to.run it tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I messed with it for the past two days, and still no luck. I lowered the physical TPS of the blade to 85%, and it still goes into REP. I know it is a long shot, but I wonder if there is too much vacuum leaking through the shaft to the TPS causing an error. I really can't think of anything else. It is funny the only time this has ever popped up, it was on a supercharger engine, not a turbo.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same issue yesterday. I had a bad battery even though it checked good with a voltmeter . I changed it and haven had a single problem since. Just a thought
Old 06-14-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the info. My battery is good, this is actually the third one I have gotten. I have tried 2 brand New TB's, 2 X-links, 2 different TAC module and pedal assembly's. I have been chasing this for 3 years now. It is getting to the point that I am going to go with a turbo, or get rid of the truck. Or if anyone knew how to convert to a cable driven TB I would do that. Nobody knows how to do the cable conversion. All I have been able to find is it can be done, but nobody has ever done it.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Put a carb on it until you get it figured out. Sometimes I hate efi it just a pain in the ***.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by skinny chicken
Put a carb on it until you get it figured out. Sometimes I hate efi it just a pain in the ***.
Ha ha. Man I wish I could. I have never had a single problem with a carb engine. I should put on a Toyota TB at least those things stay wide opened.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 773 Likes on 639 Posts

It consist of changing over to the operating system out of a work Van of similar year and changing the connectors on the wiring harness to drive by cable spec. Then you need a cable foot pedal and cable to actuate the throttle body.

Sorry I don't have the wiring spec between the two in order to see what needs to be changed. But I would like to do the exact same thing.

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power mode please help