Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Scary VE area

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC it says to Fresh Air Calibrate the LC1 every 3 months i think?? It wouldnt hurt would it?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
definitly looks like dfco is possibly still on...some calibrations have more dfco then others...also 5 cell hits for your ve table is definitly not enough to think the data is valid. Try 25 or 50 hits & get a nice long drive in.
dfco is not on, or at least I have the enable temp at 284*. Even with it off I still see lean spikes if I just let off the accel a little, so I try and keep the accel transitions as smooth as possible. Kind of hard to do high rpm in 1st gear. All other areas I am putting cell count to 50 before I use it. In the spot above 4K I do not feel comfortable leaving the engine at that rpm with 18 an 19 AFR staring me in the face to get a 25 count. Thinking I use low cell count in that area to get it closer and then up the cell count to get it perfect. If I ever would want to get it perfect there.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
I'm just a novice tuner but I have to assume you're in PE mode at this point so what was your A/F ratio? Would the PE multipliers have anything to do with this? Also this is way at the low end of the MAP scale...could it be when you lett off of the throttle...is DFCO disabled? I may be stabbing in the dark but I can e-mail you a copy of my VE table but I'm 1 bar non SD.

Dave
Hey Dave,
In that area I am not in PE mode. PE kicks in at 85KPA map reading so I should still see 14.68 AFR. DFCO is off but you are right, even with DFCO off it still lean spikes when you let off the throttle. Not near as much as I would see when running with DFCO but it does do it.

I'd love to see a 6.0 VE from a radix truck. I'll pm you my e-mail. Thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
IIRC it says to Fresh Air Calibrate the LC1 every 3 months i think?? It wouldnt hurt would it?
It hasn't been calibrated in a bit. I am going to pull it out and do a free air cal today.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
thats DFCO dont worry about the trims when you let off the throttle, also you'll find that you can just raise the area after it peaks up sort of like it hits 4500 then so rolls over across the rest of the rpm range, that big dip after 4k rpms and not at wot is not correct, most people dont bother with it because its an area rarely seen.
That is the VE that came with the Radix tune. I knew the big dip was wrong and will smooth it.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foff667
definitly looks like dfco is possibly still on...some calibrations have more dfco then others...also 5 cell hits for your ve table is definitly not enough to think the data is valid. Try 25 or 50 hits & get a nice long drive in.

Ive got mine at 15
Old 11-25-2006, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I see AutoTune verbiage in HPT but not enabled yet.
FWIW dirt track is talking about the exact thing you are doing by copying-paste special...something that hptuners has had out since inception basically.

EFILives "Autotune"= HPTuners copy-paste special

HPTuners Autotune is for their Real Timing Tuning Custom OS's which basically just does the copy-paste special for you while you drive
Old 11-25-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here is another screen shot. I am going to ignore the fringe numbers as they may be decel lean spikes. I am about 95% sure that in this 40-50KPA 3000-6000 rpm range my VE table is wayyyy lean.

In the screen shot, 43 hits in the cell count. I also saw the same trend in a 2nd gear pull up the range. Notice steady state TPS% and where the AFR is.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

follow the numbers just because you think it should look a certain way doesnt mean that is what the engine wants. The difference in fueling is about 20% but instead off adding that much I would start at 15% and go from there. ive noticed even though the numbers relate a 20% difference between commanded and actual that might not mean that you need to adjust the ve by that much another words a change of 10% on the Ve table can equal a 15% change in actual afr. People get carried away with looking at the numbers and thinking they relate to corporeal entities and they dont in real world applications there are too many factors. having the right afr is what matters not the numbers.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you mind posting your log file if you get a chance?

Quick Reply: Scary VE area