Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

SD Tuning - 1st log Mafless - Long

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIT, NAPA couldn't cross reference that number over to one of theirs.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
The GM part number you have for the MAP sensor is available at Advance auto parts online http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...umber=12580698 for 64.99 and it is AC Delco. Call your local store it may only be a 1 or 2 day item.

Dave
Dang, missed this post. Went to the dealer during lunch and bought one. $82 MIGHT be here tomorrow, If not Friday. I'll be 2 BAR Friday..... may never run again with me at the keyboard.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/2%20bar%20sd.swf

just take your time. you'll be fine. no rushing!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Dang, missed this post. Went to the dealer during lunch and bought one. $82 MIGHT be here tomorrow, If not Friday. I'll be 2 BAR Friday..... may never run again with me at the keyboard.

You'll either be 2 Bar or need to go 2 D Bar

Dave
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Doh! Make them price match it when you go to pick it up. They will and if they dont, Shop around if Discount can get the part so can Carquest, Napa, Zone etc...

I would have to check my cost, But we are offical installers for GM and get crazy deals, Like factory rotors and pads $99 etc.. In my case its cheapest to purchase the part direct from GM, But in some cases its sold out or non stocking, So the local parts house is the next call and they will match the price even if they lose money, Same with the dealer.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
http://www.hptuners.com/help/demos/2%20bar%20sd.swf

just take your time. you'll be fine. no rushing!
Thanks Dew. OS applied and setup for OLSD. Credits bought. Waiting on the MAP sensor. This will be the first time I have written an ENTIRE tune to the PCM. I honestly think it will be fairly straight forward, especially after seeing how things worked with my few hours of OLSD with the 1 Bar I did. With the WB and HP setup to paste the % to the VE its pretty easy. Just a lot of driving and trying to hit all the cells and keeping an eye on the gauge.

I will be taking it very easy. Get the non boost regions spot on hopefully then gradually start hitting the power.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
You'll either be 2 Bar or need to go 2 D Bar

Dave
Yeah and driving my Tercel to 2 D Bar
Old 11-22-2006, 04:29 AM

Thanks Dew. OS applied and setup for OLSD. Credits bought. Waiting on the MAP sensor. This will be the first time I have written an ENTIRE tune to the PCM. I honestly think it will be fairly straight forward, especially after seeing how things worked with my few hours of OLSD with the 1 Bar I did. With the WB and HP setup to paste the % to the VE its pretty easy. Just a lot of driving and trying to hit all the cells and keeping an eye on the gauge.

I will be taking it very easy. Get the non boost regions spot on hopefully then gradually start hitting the power.
yep perfect...as you copy/paste special, don't change the #'s so much after a few tries. Only use multily by HALF. Don't forget to let vehicle warm up and cool out of hot starts. This is were rtt kicks ***, just as well rtt makes it so you don't have to keep loading tunes either.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's IN. 2bar map got here today and is on. Wrote the 2bar OS, entire write took about 5 minutes with my fingers crossed. Started right up, opened the scanner and deleted the 1 bar pid, put in the 2bar pid to the scanner. Appears to be reading fine. Shut it down and enabled RTT in the tune wrote it and started it back up. Played with RTT idling in the driveway. SWEET. This might be fun...

Old 11-22-2006, 05:11 PM

WOO HOO!!! MAn I hate the whole increments by 10 on the kpa. UGH! anyways...WOO HOO!!!GET TUNING!!!

Quick Reply: SD Tuning - 1st log Mafless - Long