Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

SD Tuning - 1st log Mafless - Long

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
WOO HOO!!! MAn I hate the whole increments by 10 on the kpa. UGH! anyways...WOO HOO!!!GET TUNING!!!
yeah gm keeps stuffing more & more crap into these computers and leaves less & less room for other stuff like resolution lol
Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't realize I'd loose resolution going into this. They do state clearly that you will have 10KPA resolution, went back and looked, but they post up a big fat picture of a 98 LS1 VE table with full 5KPA resolution on the site. Probably not enough space in the pcm with the later OS's for it and some of the RTT stuff I'd say.

I'll start tuning shortly. Can't wait!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I didn't realize I'd loose resolution going into this. They do state clearly that you will have 10KPA resolution, went back and looked, but they post up a big fat picture of a 98 LS1 VE table with full 5KPA resolution on the site. Probably not enough space in the pcm with the later OS's for it and some of the RTT stuff I'd say.

I'll start tuning shortly. Can't wait!
yeh a little misleading, but you gotta read. I have an '02, but helping others with 03+ is kinda different IMO. I have to be more patient with changes. Sometimes you think you have a cell locked down on averages, but then you really don't. I suggest lots of cell counts on the cells you change.

it's time to get bigger PCM's GM!!!You listening "big man"?!?!?!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Roger, learn this well. I may be asking you questions about in in a month or two.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you plunked down for the road runner too? How do you like it so far?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
yeh a little misleading, but you gotta read. I have an '02, but helping others with 03+ is kinda different IMO. I have to be more patient with changes. Sometimes you think you have a cell locked down on averages, but then you really don't. I suggest lots of cell counts on the cells you change.

it's time to get bigger PCM's GM!!!You listening "big man"?!?!?!
I've spent couple hours logging and changing now. I upped the entire VE table by 10% hoping to be rich everywhere so I am doing at least 5 cell counts to get closer on the cells I am way rich in. As I get closer I'll up to at least 50 counts on the ones that I've touched a lot and probably stay 5 on the ones I haven't. So far they are falling into place very well.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KY_BOB
Roger, learn this well. I may be asking you questions about in in a month or two.
Ask away! Course I would say the number of questions will be proportional to the success I have with this undertaking
Old 11-23-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by agreif
Really don't understand what you are asking. If the road runner is the 2bar os, I am still on the fence. After a couple hours of tuning with it, the RTT and MPVI pro make it really easy to do. Truck is running fine so far just cruising around. I have noticed a few stumbles while idling, little prone to rough idle on a heat soak start. I'll wait till I get it tuned and hit the track before I'd really recommend it.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Couple questions so far. I also posted it up on HPT forum.

1> Can someone give me a good method for smoothing? Smooth between vertical, horizontal and selection. Do all, one or the other? How often?

2> Looking ahead and reading the help. Obviously I won't put the MAF back on it but I assumed I would enable closed loop fueling again. Enable STFT'S and LTFT's. Re-enable COT and IAF fueling corrections etc... Everything but turning the MAF back on. The help file doesn't mention doing this.

3> I am also getting large hits of KR that I don't understand. Never had this before and don't think the new OS or tuning I'm doing has anything to do with it. Hoping that maybe I've got a bad tank of fuel. I am going to run it out and try another tank but I really don't know for sure. I am attaching the last logs as I am lost to what would be causing it. Hopefully some of you GURU's could have a look and suggest something.

Tune, log and config
Old 11-24-2006, 06:08 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by agreif
HPTuners found a way to do real time tuning with the stock PCM and comes free with their custom operating systems you can read more about it here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_editor_rtt.htm

Quick Reply: SD Tuning - 1st log Mafless - Long