Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

SD Tuning - 1st log Mafless - Long

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 06:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Couple questions so far. I also posted it up on HPT forum.

1> Can someone give me a good method for smoothing? Smooth between vertical, horizontal and selection. Do all, one or the other? How often?

2> Looking ahead and reading the help. Obviously I won't put the MAF back on it but I assumed I would enable closed loop fueling again. Enable STFT'S and LTFT's. Re-enable COT and IAF fueling corrections etc... Everything but turning the MAF back on. The help file doesn't mention doing this.

3> I am also getting large hits of KR that I don't understand. Never had this before and don't think the new OS or tuning I'm doing has anything to do with it. Hoping that maybe I've got a bad tank of fuel. I am going to run it out and try another tank but I really don't know for sure. I am attaching the last logs as I am lost to what would be causing it. Hopefully some of you GURU's could have a look and suggest something.

Tune, log and config
As for smoothing make sure you get as many hits as possible in each cell, use your filters & then hand smooth, you should be able to see where there are trends. Also there are several ways to tune SD its up to you how you'd like to do it.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Couple questions so far. I also posted it up on HPT forum.

1> Can someone give me a good method for smoothing? Smooth between vertical, horizontal and selection. Do all, one or the other? How often?

I say (this ALL opionion), at first you smooth "heavy" with the ALL selection, vertical, and horitontal. After that hand smooth only. As foff says, look for trends. If you have a huge spike cell around a few cells that have alot of hits, don't pay so much attention to crazy numbers.

2> Looking ahead and reading the help. Obviously I won't put the MAF back on it but I assumed I would enable closed loop fueling again. Enable STFT'S and LTFT's. Re-enable COT and IAF fueling corrections etc... Everything but turning the MAF back on. The help file doesn't mention doing this.
Yeh, do it your way, there's no leadway on this.

3> I am also getting large hits of KR that I don't understand. Never had this before and don't think the new OS or tuning I'm doing has anything to do with it. Hoping that maybe I've got a bad tank of fuel. I am going to run it out and try another tank but I really don't know for sure. I am attaching the last logs as I am lost to what would be causing it. Hopefully some of you GURU's could have a look and suggest something.

Engine>Spark Control>Spark Retard>Knock Retard Decay Table decay rate
Make these values like .5 across the board. It will shorten up your loooong trailing kr. It will help with tuning the ve and for you troubleshooting kr. The kr (if real) is a combonation of spark and a wacky ve table. Hit smooth ALL on your table until you get it in line some. You have big valleys and peaks and this WILL cause knock.

Also, change your pe enrichment to at least 1, i'd set it at 4. just me.

Tune, log and config
Keep at it. If it helps, only tune one section of your ve tabe at a time. Only care about the idle area, then the cruise-light throttle area, and so on. Hand smoothing is an art almost, LOL
Old 11-24-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks so much for the help guys. I really do appreciate it.