Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Sensors Not Ready.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
IMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensors Not Ready.

i have been trying all week to get my truck inspected, but for some reason everytime they plug it into the machine, the EGR, CAT and EVAP systems show not ready. the only thing ive had done to the truck is a nelson tune, but its been 2 months since. never had the battery out of the truck...etc....no check engine codes...nothing. what gives?
Old 10-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by IMD
i have been trying all week to get my truck inspected, but for some reason everytime they plug it into the machine, the EGR, CAT and EVAP systems show not ready. the only thing ive had done to the truck is a nelson tune, but its been 2 months since. never had the battery out of the truck...etc....no check engine codes...nothing. what gives?
Nothing is wrong with your truck. Just give the truck some time and all the ready/state codes will pass.
We didn't turn anything off, like egr, o2's, etc, so all you need to do is drive the truck and let the pcm take it's course.
Ready/state tests are test that have to complete certain cycles and criteria, they also work off each other and are dependant on each other. So, certain ones have to pass in order for the next one to pass.
The same thing would happen if you replaced your battery, the ready/state codes would be wiped out and all you can do is drive the truck to get them to pass.

hope this helps,
allen
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IMD
find someone with the software and have them set the codes to no error. they will all set and youll be good to go. they wont trace this back and youll be fine for your inspection/emssions. you wont need mileage just the codes set to no error. only ones that will need to set again will be the 02s and thats just a matter of miles
Old 10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
IMD
Banned

its been a couple months since i got the tune, and i drive it every day. i would have thought that the cycles would have taken place by now. im really thinking that it might have something to do with the 6 speed swap. maybe the truck thinks its always in park, so maybe it will never complete the cycles? its been more than 3500 miles since i got the truck tuned.

allen, can you set the computer up to fool the inspection machine like quik is talking about? vanillagorilla had the same issues after his 6 spd swap, says he just turned those systems off, or to read ready at all times.....

Last edited by IMD; 10-19-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah in HPT set them to 3, no error reported and it'll pass and all the readyness tests will be complete from the get go.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMD
its been more than 3500 miles since i got the truck tuned.

That is plenty of time and miles for them to flip ready. Something isn't right here. Do you have a new battery? If the voltage drops too low when your truck sits, its like disconnecting your PCM and starting the cycle trips all over again Just a thought...
Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 AM
IMD
Banned

you know, the battery seems to be a bit low, its a little sluggish to start up. but ive never had to jump it, and ive never disconnected the battery. maybe ill throw a new one in it for grins and see what happens. otherwise, after talking to allen, i have no idea what to do.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
IMD
Banned

i still cant get my truck inspected because of this. vanilla, do you tune your own stuff, or have someone out there do it for you?