Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

ses light but no code

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ses light but no code

my light has been on for a couple of days now and i finally got around to getting it checked, and no scanner could read it. not even the dealership?!!! i was reading on here and found out about the cig lighter fuse, and yes that was blew so i changed it and light is still on , NOW WHAT!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regency
my light has been on for a couple of days now and i finally got around to getting it checked, and no scanner could read it. not even the dealership?!!! i was reading on here and found out about the cig lighter fuse, and yes that was blew so i changed it and light is still on , NOW WHAT!!!!!
Maybe the wiring harness to the bulb is pinched and grounded? Or possibly a PCM problem...did the dealer try swapping PCM's, or do you have a PCM you could try swapping in?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think its a wire pinched, because it just came on one day, and i hadn't touched my truck in a long time. service manager was stumped and couldnt seem to understand y his scanner wouldnt work. then he checked a few fuses and gave up. so i came home a lil while ago and read up on here and saw that a cig lighter fuse blown would cause it and went and checked, sure enough it was blown so i changed it and light is still on
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a touchy fuse... guys that use the hypertech programmer normally have that problem, that fuse will go every once in a while.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the cig lighter fuse blown a scan tool wont even turn on...
Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Launching!

changing the fuse will not make the light go out. it only gives power to the cigar lighter and DLC. this will only allow the scan tool to power up. after you change the fuse you can rehook up the scan tool and read the code. what i have been seeing lately is if the vehicle is not running bad most of the codes are related to the evap system. check your gas cap.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

what am i checking on the gas cap??
Old 06-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Launching!

not tighting the gas cap will cause a ses light to set
Old 06-28-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not gripping the steering wheel in the right place with throw a code! Joke! haha! Someone will be able to help.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

i replace the fuses, yea "fuses" i guess my cell phone charger killed the cig and acc. fuses, they were both blown. but anyway i got the codes read and i had 3 codes one was somthing with crank positioning another was crank variation and the other was lost communication with throttle (some U code). but anyways what do i do with these just get the guys at the local part store that checked it to clear em or what

Quick Reply: ses light but no code