Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

starting to get frustrated!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn...do i need to replace the whole hub assy? or can i just buy the wire? my autismzone hub's still got a 1yr warranty on it
Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

fix the wire first then check the countinuity between the plug at the vss and the ECM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now new problem...burried the **** out of the truck last night takin my girl mudding...ended up ripping out a fenderwell and after i was done...went to move the truck and it died/cut out...immediately i checked it out good thing i did...filter was clogged and saw for that brief second i pulled a MAF code...cleaned the filter it felt normal other than the low rpm missifre.

today...different story, truck ran fine after last night...running to autismzone my truck started sputtering/missing stumbling and then a hard *** backfire...since i was at autozone bought more MAF cleaner...cleaned it, still the low rpm miss as the first post was, but truck quit bogging/spitting and sputtering yet NO code...what a ******* headache, i know it was stupid on my part to go mudding with a truck already having issues and honestly i regret it...im hoping the MAF did the trick but idk. if it comes back what would make backfire and crazy stumble?

and mcfarland thank you sir ill definitley check that out once i fix the wire
Old 04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You should prolly pull a plug to see if you ingested some water. Anytime I have a buddy sink there ride, before they start it I have them pull all the plugs, pull the spark fuse, fuel pump relay and crank it over to blow the water out, just in case. You may need to clean your plugs too. Think simple.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was planning on reading the plugs tomarrow and makin sure i didnt cook any plug wires up too. idk if the 20% mix of E85 will read different on the plugs? or if should look about the same kinda heat burn? as for the intake tube, suprisingly no moisture/water marks in the tube or TB...still cleaned it out anyways just to be safe rather than sorry. good thing i shut it off when i did with that soaked filter. i have a feeling tomarrows really gonna be a long day tryin to get everything cleaned up and back to normal. luckily when i burried it, i still somehow got it out...and also that the intake tube wasnt actully in the water, i am definitley gonna fabricate some kinda new splash guard, the one i have honestly didnt do a damn thing lol