Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Sudden lean idle issue???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 09:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kazfan30
hmm bout 8k ago... actually got one today and was going to put it on tommorrow. Klug, it feels like the truck sees, or reads somethin on startup, but corrects itself after a few seconds? And after that truck runs fine, no stumble or studder while driving, seems normal??? But cut it off and fire it back up...bam..same issue flat single tone idle lean as hell.

Yeah with closed loop and trims taking over after startup it will try and bring itself back to somewhat normal. Have you checked over all of your intake tubing/piping, couplers etc....? Everything there good and tight?

Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 03-14-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm did not fill it, but actually put gas in it today on my way to lunch!! ..was one of my 2 normal choices? and as always 93 oct... it was about 1/4 tank and i went up to 3/4 tank... could bad gas cause this???
Just trying to eliminate the possibilities.

I'm wondering if it's that stupid sensor aside the TB? The IAC goes where the hole is. Have you ever replaced/cleaned the IAC?

Something similar happened to me last year... just had to think about it for a minute.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by denali_on_26's
Odd.....mine has been doing the exact same thing for about a week now....i got gas at the exxon or whatever it is on oak grove road on the left before the turn to your work.....
Thomas that is Lake Serene, and yes that is where i got gas today... and the problem began...
Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lady3bglover
Just trying to eliminate the possibilities.

I'm wondering if it's that stupid sensor aside the TB? The IAC goes where the hole is. Have you ever replaced/cleaned the IAC?

Something similar happened to me last year... just had to think about it for a minute.
Well i have drive by wire so mine only has the motor assembly i believe..
Old 03-14-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Yeah with closed loop and trims taking over after startup it will try and bring itself back to somewhat normal. Have you checked over all of your intake tubing/piping, couplers etc....? Everything there good and tight?
No i have not really, Ill look at that tommorrow as well. But i know its tight past the MAF, I did check that today but anywhere else would not be registered as unmetered air or am i mistaken??
Old 03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
FormerVendor

No i have not really, Ill look at that tommorrow as well. But i know its tight past the MAF, I did check that today but anywhere else would not be registered as unmetered air or am i mistaken??

No that's what I meant was everything tight and leak free between the MAF and throttle body.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by denali_on_26's
Odd.....mine has been doing the exact same thing for about a week now....i got gas at the exxon or whatever it is on oak grove road on the left before the turn to your work.....
Thomas that is Lake Serene, and yes that is where i got gas today... and the problem began...
Hmm..

Last edited by lady3bglover; 03-14-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

My big question on the bad gas thing is that would i not be having problems all over the place, idle, cruising, wot etc...?? Odd that it would only sense bad gas during first startup, Odd? I seem to have no miss or studder other than when first fired up... now if i drop in drive while the lean condition is at idle and accelerate then it sputters for a moment then drives perfectly fine. Ill try some new o2s tommorrow. Need to be changed anyway(120k mile stockers) Thanks Lady3bglover and everyone else for the help, anyone else have a suggestion...
Old 03-15-2011, 05:46 AM
TECH Addict

Your welcome, please keep us posted. I'd like to see what resolution you come up with.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Where our street cars are faster than your racecars..Mississippi

Well whats the word......

Quick Reply: Sudden lean idle issue???