Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

tcc will not lock up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tcc will not lock up.

tcc will not lock up right with the maf enabled but works good in sd mode what gives??? will your tcc not lock up if you get a check eng light cause i keep getting a light for miss fire for some reason. never had it before till i changed to these plugs. but will that cause a no lock up?? i get one thing fixed and get another
Old 04-17-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4.8T
tcc will not lock up right with the maf enabled but works good in sd mode what gives??? will your tcc not lock up if you get a check eng light cause i keep getting a light for miss fire for some reason. never had it before till i changed to these plugs. but will that cause a no lock up?? i get one thing fixed and get another
Misfires will keep the TC from locking.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
12 Second Truck Club

ok so when i go into my tune how do i get the missfire thing to be more resistant to, well misfire. i multiplied by .20 that would increase by 20% right? i thought it said increase will make it less sensitive. is this right?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL that thing is killing you isn't it? I thought I had it bad with "what's f-ing next?!?!" I was looking for a thread on hpt, I thought I read on certain OS' there was an issue with that, but I was wrong it was trans pressures, which you should be able to attack in the "trans diag" table. Same table as you maf fail error, just different tab. SInce you have your maf hooked up, you have your fail rate set back up correct along with the ses settings right?
Old 04-17-2006, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by 4.8T
ok so when i go into my tune how do i get the missfire thing to be more resistant to, well misfire. i multiplied by .20 that would increase by 20% right? i thought it said increase will make it less sensitive. is this right?
I don't 4.8t, I'd say do some misfire logging first to confirm misfires are it, you don't want to create one problem trying to get rid of another.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

why not i'm good at that atleast, lol. i will but i think it was multiple which would lead me to think its because of the colder tr6 spark plugs.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

its p0300 it doesn't say which one it is. the light blinks at idle then at about 1500-2000 rpm the light would go away then come back when it idle back down again.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:03 PM
12 Second Truck Club

what do i log for??
Old 04-18-2006, 06:13 AM

who or did you tune for your cam yet? I have never done it myself, I started with a base tune form Allen and started to learn tuning from there, so I have never had to tune for a cam. But cams usually are the reason for p0300 (general) misfires. Done a case relearn yet? If ya never have, at least get it out of the way. (scanner>VCM Controls>Special).

there should be quiet a bit of info on here about troubleshooting misfires. Seen lots of threads about em in the past. After reading your email, it seems you are headed in the right direction though.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A CASE relearn only needs to be done if the light comes on for that reason.

If you have a cam, then that's why the misfires. If not, then I would go back to the TR55's unless you plan on spraying it.

You are correct about that table, but you need to multiply it by 1.2 to raise it 20%, multiplying by .2 will lower it by 80%.

Quick Reply: tcc will not lock up.