Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Throttle body issues, any one else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Throttle body issues, any one else?

Just got my truck running again after about two years, still having the same throttle body issues as before, I've talked to Dr. X about the x-link and it doesn't sound like the x-link is to blame.... I took a snap shop with a Tech II and its showing both APP sensors at 100% and both were agreed, desired throttle position and actual position were showing 34%, TPS 1 and 2 were both showing 34% also... I get no codes and its not going in to REP?? I've replaced the TAC module... Tried three different throttle bodies (Dbw 87mm DBW truck, LS2 and LS3) and two different x-links, now has a brand new x-link 3.1.... It doesn't do it every time and it is always worse when there is high humidity or when it rains/snows??? To some up what it does I hop in, start it up and drive off, it will only have full throttle for about 30-45 seconds and then I will only get 34% max throttle until I key it off and then back on again, it then does the same thing all over.... Only way to run it at the track when it doing this is to shut it off at the staging lights, re-start it and get right on the converter lol, as soon as the run is over it will start doing it again. Any help/info would be great, thanks guys...
Old 05-29-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you do your own tuning? It sounds like something could have been disabled in the tune, and now it is not showing a code you need to see.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Do you do your own tuning? It sounds like something could have been disabled in the tune, and now it is not showing a code you need to see.
ShaneSS and Zippy do the tuning on my truck and all of our customers trucks, mine is the only one with this issue..... ill have to check on that but I don't think so, also if it was setting a DTC it should go in to REP??