Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

thunder racing tune or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to be proved wrong here, and fellas, remember, I wasn't slamming Allen at all. I know and have seen Thunder run 9's. I know that Futral has had some custumer cars that run comparative times. I think the one I'm thinking of from Futral is boosted though. Thunder was sprayed. I don't know of any 9 second cars Allen's been tuning on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to see video and proof Allen was the only one doing the tuning before I'll take it.

I'm not saying he isn't respected, or a good tuner, just that he's not the only one, and some of the others deserve just as much credit if not more than he does. Let me be very clear about that statement.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Yeah forgot about them.

Im not immune to it though either unfortunately

**Personal attacks are not necessary**

Cody, you stupid ***** f&*(er. You always say dumb **** I know everyone here believes Nelson is a truck god, and I cant confirm or deney that, I know he must be good, cause of all the feed back. But I personally know a few guys with a futral, and Thunder tune, and I cant say anything bad about them. And I know for a fact Allan Futral WILL take it to the max if thats what you want.

im not saying anything bad about Nelson, but yall shouldnt bash or talk down towards Futral, or Geoff eigther. And I dont care what you have it is damn neer impossible to get a truck dead nuts on throught the mail (without logging software). All trucks are just a hair different.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW. One of the first things you learn when you start tuning (and I just started myself) is to get the fuel trims right, and cal the maf, you have to get in Speed density mode. Period, how can you do this throught the mail
Old 03-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white1
Cody, you stupid ***** f&*(er. You always say dumb ****
Hey fauker, you want some too Matt

Like I said I would get a dyno tune, Allen Nelson doesnt build cars up or actually build motors but his fingers do the typing for some VERY expensive motors and very well established companies trust him with their merchandise.

Flyer sorry dude I explained myself in the PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's wierd ... mail order tuning seems like the best thing to everyone, until someone learns how to tune themselves, or attempts to. Then one realizes how much is envolved in it.

I think we all agree, mail order isn't the best route, but will sufice if that's the only available option.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:21 PM

I plan on doing it myself soon. Start logging and sending them to Allen see what he changes and try and do it myself and get him to tell me what I am doing wrong. FYI if you try to read up on using HPT over on tech and dont have the program in front of you to play with it will make your head spin
Old 03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how much would a dyno tune cost from thunder or futral, ballpark?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Truck addict

i see this thread got a little lively. i don't think anyone bashed anyone as far as tuning goes in this thread. each company has great tuning capabilities. each company has had mistakes or not so happy customers. that goes for any company. i have seen some of thunders tuning, futrals tuning and nelsons tuning. great jobs to all of them. bottom line a dyno tune is and always will be the prefered method of tuning in my book as long as it's done with the wideband hooked up and all that jazz, then take it to the track and test it. we can dyno tune the **** out of it, but then lets see what it does on the track afterwards. any tune can use tweaking once at the track....
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by JT-bo
how much would a dyno tune cost from thunder or futral, ballpark?
Generally a dyno tune will run 400-500.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flyer
I'd love to be proved wrong here, and fellas, remember, I wasn't slamming Allen at all. I know and have seen Thunder run 9's. I know that Futral has had some custumer cars that run comparative times. I think the one I'm thinking of from Futral is boosted though. Thunder was sprayed. I don't know of any 9 second cars Allen's been tuning on. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to see video and proof Allen was the only one doing the tuning before I'll take it.

I'm not saying he isn't respected, or a good tuner, just that he's not the only one, and some of the others deserve just as much credit if not more than he does. Let me be very clear about that statement.

just to get this straight allen sprays,thunder is all motor.i have had nearly 100 different tunes from thunder and have try all types of different things.i don't like allen cause of something said back a few years ago but it also pissy me off that thunder cann't step up and be a sponsor here for us truck guys,i have been dealing with jeoff for about 12 years now and their r a lot of truck guys here around the area that buy things from them and they can't help us and that goes for allen also.i think u should use a sponsor of the site this is just my 2 cents.i think jeoff and allen need to get off thier butts and become a sponsor here for us

Quick Reply: thunder racing tune or nelson