Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

TPS relearn

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by white1
No the TPS re-learn is the Throttle position sensor. The crank relearn relearns teh crankshaft in relation to the camshaft so it can sence any misfire, and/or knock retard
okay.. well tell me this... with a new pcm (other than stock) installed, is it nessesary to not only get the crank relearn done but also the tps relearn?I'm thinking that Maybe this explains the problems i have been having with the p0121 code.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's the final verdict:

Ported throttle body is a no-no on the electronically controlled models. dealership correctly identified that the throttle body was ported. after replacement and reset of DTC's all works well. it seems that there is two TPS's that must correlate and somehow they were thrown out of whack with the port job. I have the original part and I can't see where we could have messed this up.

I plan on disassembling the original to see exactly how these things work (have to drill out rivits to open the electronic part). There is no visable signs of exactly where the TPS is without opening, that's why I don't see how it could have been damaged. According to my Predator Real Time Data view the TPS was sitting at 9% with the motor not running, which is where it has allways been.

Best news of the day is that they misquoted the price in my favor... that saved me ~$50.00 anyway, what's done is done, my mod budget is now $0 for the remainder of the year.