Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

"transmission adapts"

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "transmission adapts"

Guys I need some input here, this is driving me crazy I can back the pressures off first few shifts respond like they should according to my shift pressure table. Then after a few miles its starts to go back “shift wise” to what I was trying to adjust out. This repeats every time I perform a flash. I am assuming this is the adapts taking over. I cannot find any tables to remove this adaptive shift behavior, other than maybe setting a code for invalid Torque which would throw the tranny into default shift tables. I am about to pull my hair out on this one. I just installed a Super Billet servo for 1-2 and 3-4 apply and I am trying to soften the shifts at lower speeds

I know there should be a "transmission adapts" table but i cant find it or how to disable it. E38 ECM 4L70E in a 08 Silverado V-MAX. using HP tuners
Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are segments in the pcms that we cannot see or alter. I know what you are talking about, seems like the pressure on the 1-2 shift changes at will.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

I really wish there was a way to force parameters in more of code format. So I could go in and set a fault code and manipulate things as I wanted. I am sure there is a trick to getting rid of adapts, I am studying on it, no luck as of yet.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

I read that if you set Desired Shift Times {D1108-1109-1110 in EFILive} to zero, in Transmission Calibration, you will disable adaptive shift learning. The description in EFILive confirms that setting any value to 0.00 will disable adaptive shift learning. This was a suggested tuning option after installing the Transgo HD2 shift kit.

I also lowered the Base Pressure 1->2 Shift by 6 KPa {D0701}. I still can get a hard shift at medium throttle and think it was softer when I first made the change. I have to watch my throttle input if I want to avoid a hard 1->2 shift.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

The thing that sucks is with hptuners at least not sure about efilive is on 07-08 trucks their is not the Desired Shift Times table even in the calibration on these years.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
The thing that sucks is with hptuners at least not sure about efilive is on 07-08 trucks their is not the Desired Shift Times table even in the calibration on these years.
Yes there is http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18378
Old 01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by foff667
Yeah for the A6
Old 01-24-2009, 03:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Yeah for the A6
Ahh, I didn't notice the 4l70 portion of the OP's post. Yeah desired shift time hasn't been added for those TCM's.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

I guess for now I could run SD and alter the MAF cal to reduce the reference to the TCM. Not sure if I place the MAF in a fail state on this ECM/TCM if it will still reference to the TCM. I know in the past on some vehicles if you disabled the MAF the trans would default to the base shift tables usually causing hard shifts due to it running of the base shifting table. This may do the trick. Otherwise when I install my new tranny with a stall I really don’t have much control over the tranny just as I don’t now.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brantsz
I really wish there was a way to force parameters in more of code format. So I could go in and set a fault code and manipulate things as I wanted. I am sure there is a trick to getting rid of adapts, I am studying on it, no luck as of yet.

I could help you out here. Could flash a TCM for you with stock cal for your VIN, ship it out. You could send yours back, I'd modify it to disable adaptive learning and ship back to you, so you could tune your stock TCM and not have to worry about licensing another TCM. Let me know if you're interested and I'll work out a reasonable price for the time needed.

Quick Reply: "transmission adapts"