Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Trouble Codes HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
Could be many things. Do you feel the miss-buck, 35mph steady throttle, But nothing at WOT? Could be as simple as bad wires cracked plug etc. Use the tools you have. In the table display right click, Insert, engine diagnostics, missfire, Lots of stuff in there to log and narrow it down to check the basics on the affected cylnders for a starting point.
Thats sort of what I am getting, but I never really feel a miss-buck, and the truck runs GREAT at WOT...at this point I am hoping for plugs/Wires. after that I am thinking valves. Time to start checking stuff out. It started the other night after I was goofing around doing burnouts and I blew the Charge pipe off when I let off the throttle. I fixed the pipe, and the next time I drove the truck the codes started. It seems as if I clear the code, I drive the truck I get nothing. I shut of the truck leave it at all, the next time I drive the truck I throw a code as I am cruising through a neighborhood or something (about 3-5 min into driving). I wonder if it is time to start fearing a leaking headgasket.
As another issue I am having I think its unrelated, is that the truck cruises 160-180deg, then when I shut it off, it spikes up to 210.