Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuner recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Predator for sale if you want it!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Never heard of Trifecta
They tune a lot of GM cars. They have a good reputation amongst Cobalt owners.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BUDDY23
They tune a lot of GM cars. They have a good reputation amongst Cobalt owners.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Teching In

I WOULD NOT GET YOUR TRUCK TUNED BY NELSON PERFORMANCE. Allen could never get the tune right on my truck. He tried three times and zero luck so they sent back my pcm that was supposed to be unlocked and it wasn't! When I called I was told two weeks before he would be able to send me a unlocked unit or I could send back my pcm and they would unlock it and my shipping cost, you would think after getting the tune wrong three times Nelson would cover the cost (YEAH RIGHT!!!!). I WOULD NOT deal with NELSON PERFORMANCE FOR ANYTHING... WORST TUNE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbarto
I WOULD NOT GET YOUR TRUCK TUNED BY NELSON PERFORMANCE. Allen could never get the tune right on my truck. He tried three times and zero luck so they sent back my pcm that was supposed to be unlocked and it wasn't! When I called I was told two weeks before he would be able to send me a unlocked unit or I could send back my pcm and they would unlock it and my shipping cost, you would think after getting the tune wrong three times Nelson would cover the cost (YEAH RIGHT!!!!). I WOULD NOT deal with NELSON PERFORMANCE FOR ANYTHING... WORST TUNE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Nelson is one of the best out there, sounds like something was wrong with your setup if he couldn't do anything to fix the tune.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:36 PM
Teching In

There was nothing wrong with the setup. I just had it dyno tuned by extreme horsepower in North Richland hills and have zero problems with it. The truck runs better than it ever has.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Nelson is one of the best out there, sounds like something was wrong with your setup if he couldn't do anything to fix the tune.
Yep, heard nothing but good things about Nelson and his tuning. Haven't dealt with him personally, but everyone I talk to speaks very highly of him.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 PM
makes children cry

Received 426 Likes on 352 Posts

i've even seen Allen himself say that there's random cases where something don't always go right.

if you think about it, that'll happen with anybody. i'd dare to say there ain't a mail-order tuner out there who ain't had a bad apple every now & then - some definitely have more than others...
i had a W4M tune on my 4.3 & it was good on the first try. when i had him do my 5.3, it didn't work & he spent a week telling me my truck was messed up when all the physical/mechanical evidence proved otherwise. upon digging around, i found a bunch of similar complaints, so i switched to blackbear & it fired up the first try.
nelson, however, has a great rep & i wouldn't take your situation as a sign of a bad company. maybe customer service could be better - like covering shipping after having 3 bad tunes, though

Last edited by _zebra; 09-14-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by johnbarto
There was nothing wrong with the setup. I just had it dyno tuned by extreme horsepower in North Richland hills and have zero problems with it. The truck runs better than it ever has.
Really!? I would never take my truck there and I live 1 mile away. I've never heard anything good from them. Not to say things/people don't change but this is a first for me.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

extreme horsepower blows, look at the texas section on tech

Quick Reply: Tuner recommendations?