Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuner recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbarto
I WOULD NOT GET YOUR TRUCK TUNED BY NELSON PERFORMANCE. Allen could never get the tune right on my truck. He tried three times and zero luck so they sent back my pcm that was supposed to be unlocked and it wasn't! When I called I was told two weeks before he would be able to send me a unlocked unit or I could send back my pcm and they would unlock it and my shipping cost, you would think after getting the tune wrong three times Nelson would cover the cost (YEAH RIGHT!!!!). I WOULD NOT deal with NELSON PERFORMANCE FOR ANYTHING... WORST TUNE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Sorry about your luck, but I have had nothing but good dealings with Nelson Performance and their customer service has always exceeded my expectations. My tune was a live tune that Allen performed and it took almost 1.5 seconds off my 1/4 mile times.

When I first crossed over from Diesels to Gassers, I asked my friends where I could get the truck tuned, modded etc locally and none of them could give me a good answer on where to take it. They did however tell me where I shouldn't take it, I hope you have better luck with your current tuner then any of the 3 of them had.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morgan8119
Ok what custom tune do you guys reccomend then?
Where do you live? that can help make your decision. If you have one of the sponser tuners within 3 hours, thats where i would go.