Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

tuning decision what do yall reccomend??

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tuning decision what do yall reccomend??

i know theres a lot of posts about tuning n its prob getting repettative as hell so i apologize for this...im just wondering what tuner to go with...ive heard a lot of great things bout blackbear, some people having issues with other tuners(not sayin names) n stuff like that...i was thinking blackbear or vengeance...i was just wondering which would probably be the best bang for the buck deal? retunes r free so ive heard which would really come in handy since im not very modded at the moment. idk if it matters but heres the bolt on list...ive got shorties, decatted y-pipe, single 3in exhaust with a super turbo muffler, 4in cai, transgohd2, descreened maf, n somethin else i cant remember at the moment lol. jw tho who would probably give me the best results...also how much power would i possibly pick up? ive tried talkin to some people bout how my truck shifts but they dont understand what im tryin to say...i want my trans to shift harder n faster but i dont wanna break anything...ive got 2 spacers for the 2nd accum (shop that put it in said 3 would bust the sunshell) but i was jw if they could tune it, bump line pressure etc and make it shift better without hurting my trans

thanks for the help in advance

tj
Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nelson, Blackbear and Wheatley are all top notch tuners. If you could get a tune with one of them in person, I would go with that, but otherwise, they are all very talented.

And if you have 2 washers in the HD2 kit and a vette servo and it doesn't shift hard enough, something is wrong. I have only one washer in and a vette servo and it chirps the tires with anything over 1/4 throttle on the 1-2 shift. I am taking that washer out because it's way too hard. You start making it chirp the tires all of the time and you are asking to break a hard part.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

There are people in Gurnee that say y'all?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

tx tahoe thanks for the usefull help i appreciate it...n yeah i shouldve gotten a vette servo also...was thinking about it but kinda left that out...on wot w/o tow haul itll bark the 33's...just doesnt feel as strong as it should...im sure the vette servo would, ill prob end up gettin one soon...from how ur setup sounds im glad i didnt do the billet servo lol. then again im on some heavy tires so thats prob why it feels doggy...not to mention all the TM this truck has. also if ya dont mind me askin how big of a difference did the vette servo make? n ya alot of ppl dont say yall in gurnee, but i aint most people...i like how i ask for help and i get some smartass comment bout me sayin yall, if ya dont like it go waste ur time makin smartass comments to other members thanks bro
Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The vette servo will firm the shift up a bit, not a ton like a shift kit does, but it makes the shift happen much quicker, it "pops" into gear instead of the longggg transition. While you're in there, I would throw a Sonnax 4th gear servo too. It will do the same for the 3-4 shift and increase the holding power to help your 3 and 4 clutches last longer, esp if you're towing or heavy on the throttle.

Vette servo and Sonnax 4th gear servo are on ebay for about $16 and $75. Cheap insurance and will help crisp and quicken your shifts. Easy to install too, do a search for "vette servo install" and there should be a few threads. Just make sure you get the snap ring FULLY seated when you reinstall it.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet man...im gonna do that once i get a lil money lol. as for the install on vette servo its actully saved under my favs from gmfullsize lol there was a really good write up on there. hopefully itll give me the shift i want..if not lol well ill wait till the trans takes a **** on me then build the hell out of it with the yank 3300 stall too. the shop actully told me not to tow with having the shift kit in my trans...said it would actully do more harm than good...as for me havin a heavy foot...i usually dont lol, iv prob floored it 4 times since i had the shift kit installed 2mo ago...did punch it today tho after me n my old man got into it...kinda punched the steering wheel too lol. as for your tune did u have it firmed up too? n if all torque managment was removed it would shift quicker also right? n sorry for all the ?'s...im a noob to this fuel injection/comp controlled bullshit...ive been workin on carburated engines my whole life