Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

tuning makes the truck idle bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I'm sorry, but you have terrible grammar.
Originally Posted by RandomHero
Learn to spell old man, your hands are playing tricks on you
Random...the freaking literary critic let me see what I can do to get that title fixed for ya
Old 11-13-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by trever1t
Random...the freaking literary critic let me see what I can do to get that title fixed for ya
Tech Junkie will work just fine I promise
Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ******** my truck is fucked up i didnt ask 4 ur comments on my grammar i really dont know all the stuff the guy did that tuned my truck but its not the tune EVER time u hook up any kind of software it dont matter if u take the tune off the idle will drop and the battrey gage will drop and the truck wont run... No one around where i live konws whats wrong with it and for the next posts if u dont have any useful info about my tuck dont reply.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:24 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Listen up here...your original post is vague and not clear. You were offered a few suggestions but how can anyone help you with the limited information you have provided? I still don't understand what the problem is.
There is no reason to start using bad language or call names. Can you please try to describe in detail, step by step what is occuring? What Who's tuning and exactly what changes are being made? Can you post your tune here for us to look at?

Last edited by trever1t; 11-18-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So...
i really dont know all the stuff the guy did that tuned my truck
but its not the tune
oookaaay, that's bold to say. But I'd go to agree it doesn't sound tune related.

EVER time u hook up any kind of software it doesn't matter if u take the tune off
I don't understand what you mean by "take the tune off". In HPTuners, are you doing a "Full Write", like 2 minutes and so many seconds? Or a quick flash, like 30 seconds? The 2 minute one will screw your idle up for a bit most times unless you have dead nuts idle tables. The quick flash isn't so bad, but you will get stumbling and what not. Voltage can obviously bounce around as it is trying to idle.

I have found, you need to key cycle at least one time no matter what for things to be sorta normal. But you shouldn't see the problems you speak of. Does it eventually go away? How long before it does (if it does)? Your voltage issue, does it drop while running? Your injectors have a voltage offset table, if you are having wacky idling issues and voltage issues at the same time...you gotta attack that voltage problem first. You have stock injectors? Stock injector tables?

Gotta sort out the voltage problem first. I forgot to look at your sig, what year truck? The alternator should have a regulator built into it, the tune should not affect the voltage. But the voltage WILL affect the tune (idling).
Old 11-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I would log your O2 sensors and see if they are working properly, you don't have a cam so I don't think your problem is in the tune, i think you have a sensor that is toast cause the tune to mess up... That is just my .02....
Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Better yet, post up a log of it!