Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuning in Phoenix???

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning in Phoenix???

Anyone have any suggestions for tuners in the Phoenix AZ area? I don't know if I trust some of the local shops unless I can get a good referral from somebody here. I'm concerned about being able to get a dual octane tune as well as special tow/haul mode programming since I tow a 3500 lb trailer every 2 weeks or so.

Either that or I'm going with Nelson. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you looking for exactly?

If you want some basic stuff done like shift points or whatever I can do it for you, $100 to burn a license on my EFILive cable.

If you want a full tune done, try ProDyno, AZ Power and Sound, AZ Dyno Chip, XTreme Motorsports. They might not have their own tuners but they can point you to someone they know and give good referrals. Also, LS1Tech member NicD is a tuner. Might shoot him a PM.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=404
Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Maybe this is a tall order, but I want basically something like the Nelson dual octane tune for our crappy 87/91 gas out here, plus a tow/haul mode that makes it safe for towing my trailer. The truck probably won't see more mods and it's a daily driver. Better highway mileage, better accel, revised shift firmness...

I just don't trust some Joe Schmo to go in and mess with my CPU unless he knows what he's doing. I've looked at a lot of websites for well known tuners and frankly, some of these people scare me. How am I to trust a guy to edit all those parameters correctly, when they can't even spell things right on their website? If they don't take the time to make their website look good and actually have links that work, then how could they possibly be competent in tuning my truck? It's all computer skills, right?

I'm even thinking about going with HPTuners/EFILive and doing it myself - even though I've never done any tuning before - if I can't confidently find somebody to do it right the first time. The problem is that I don't know if I'll end up needing to go to a dyno anyway to get the parameters set properly...
Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by thunder550
Also, LS1Tech member NicD is a tuner. Might shoot him a PM.
I spoke this guy when we were up at ProDyno. Smart cat and very knowledgable in the HPT arena. From what I gathered, he is contracted to go to several of the shops in the Phx area and tune the Gen III/IV's that come their way. I would PM him for sure.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Teching In

That explains a shop that told me that "their tuner guy only works evenings"...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Nic is a good friend and he is the only one that I trust with my trucks. He tuned my TBSS, and will get to tune my V-Max as soon as it gets past the break in period. Have him tune at Arizona Dyno Chip in Chandler, Keith is so laid back he will let you drive your truck on the dyno.