Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

which upgrade wait4me or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want it done right there is only one name..... Nelson
Old 11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Nelson Performance!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:17 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does Nelson's differ from Wester's?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nelson makes more power he has more aggresive timing tables, customer service is better and just a better tuner IMO.

Just an example I have, I raced a rcsb Z71 with exhaust intake westers tune and factory tires, at the time I had intake exhaust cutouts(were open for the race) Nelson tune and 31.6" all terrain tires plus I weigh 200 more #s then him. We raced from a dig to a little over 100 I had by two or three trucks. So IMO there is a big difference since I was able to put that kind of space between us with two things working against me.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear what your saying but there's alot more to win a race than the tune.

Different forums have favorite Tuners. This site seems to be Nelson's, others Wester's and others favor W4M ,etc,etc.

I have not yet made it up to Sacremento or gotten on a dyno, i've only had the tune for a few days but i dont think my truck could run any better or go any faster without a significant mod or 2.
As far as customer service, I have had no problem reaching Lyndon personally during business hours (which are long) and the one time i could not, one of his reps jumped in to help me, free of charge.

If there are numbers to compare, lets have 'em.
No flame intended here, just keepin it real.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand I dont ahve dyno charts from a 5.3 from Westers and one from Nelson I see if I can dig one up over on ls1trcuk.com

As far as the race is concerned I think the tune was the difference he obviously had a weight and tire advantage on me but I still took him only difference being our tuning

Your right about the different forums
Nelson=pt.net,ls1truck.com
Westers=FSC.com,ctw.com
Wait4Me=pt.net too
Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Go with Nelson. I had a custom tune from another place (not Wait4Me) and changed to Nelson and BAM! I picked up 2 tenths in the quarter and my shift problems went away. Allen is the man.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trever1t
I hear what your saying but there's alot more to win a race than the tune.

Different forums have favorite Tuners. This site seems to be Nelson's, others Wester's and others favor W4M ,etc,etc.

I have not yet made it up to Sacremento or gotten on a dyno, i've only had the tune for a few days but i dont think my truck could run any better or go any faster without a significant mod or 2.
As far as customer service, I have had no problem reaching Lyndon personally during business hours (which are long) and the one time i could not, one of his reps jumped in to help me, free of charge.

If there are numbers to compare, lets have 'em.
No flame intended here, just keepin it real.
You must be a Wester's fan I guess.
If you put Westers & Nelson up against each other....It may be close, but Nelsons tune will shine through at the end of the 1/4. Comparing Apples to apples of course.
Allen is a great tuner and great guy to talk to in person as well. I've met up with him in person three times already and he takes his time out of his day to listen to you and retune with no hesitations.
That's not meeting with him in San Antonio either. He has met up with me in Surrounding Houston areas while he was doing major business with different race shops.
You can't get any better customer service than that.

Jim
Old 11-04-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Default Nelsonperformance

I reccomend Nelson Performance......Allen is a great guy to work with and he really get's behind his work. His tunes are all great, and very professional.....

When it comes to tuning......YES you DO get what you pay for.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

I've got the W4Me tune and for the price it's pretty good. A lot of these ppl are having problems with their shifting after the tune, but being a 5-speed, i don't have to worry about it. But i only have minor mods so this tune is ok with me, but if you plan on doing turbo, cam, or any of that in the near future don't waste your money b/c u'll need to get it dyno tuned then.

Quick Reply: which upgrade wait4me or nelson