Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

which upgrade wait4me or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why another vehicle and an 80e? It has 2grand in hard parts alone so I would probably let it go for that cause labor was about a grand and the FLP trans run over 3 grand easily. Thats if it isnt broke and still in perfect running order.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cause Im tired of walkin. So I need another ride when I smoke it again. lol Besides I bet I can make a F-bod scream
Old 11-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered my tune from jesse. everytime I call I get someone on the phone. jesse is explains things and did not rush though it. I dont expect a hands on dyno tune customized to my truck. you cant beat the price. when i start on the enternals i will get it dyno tuned (My 2 cents)
Old 11-24-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a W4M tune and the 1st time he sent it to me it ran like a spotted ape then I sent it back to him because the computer locked up. Any little problem I have had he has blamed on it being a bad computer,

I sent it back and when I got it back its not running as good anymore. Then I sent it back to him to turn on my efans. When I got it back it feels like it runs out of fuel on the top end.

I have decided to just let it be and Im going to be going to San Antonio like I was going to before I bought the W4M tune and get a Nelson Street Tune
Old 11-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Launching!

I have a PCMforLess tune. I'm really happy with it.

My buddys old man just got a Wait4me tune and he's really happy with it too (although the first computer he sent was shorted out). I don't think you can go wrong...
Old 11-24-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sixliterhd
I have a W4M tune and the 1st time he sent it to me it ran like a spotted ape then I sent it back to him because the computer locked up. Any little problem I have had he has blamed on it being a bad computer,

I sent it back and when I got it back its not running as good anymore. Then I sent it back to him to turn on my efans. When I got it back it feels like it runs out of fuel on the top end.

I have decided to just let it be and Im going to be going to San Antonio like I was going to before I bought the W4M tune and get a Nelson Street Tune

you must be one of the unlucky ones??? so far I have been satisfied with my W4M tune from Jesse... my tune has always ran good since day one with my truck just have bolts... and here recently I send it to him to get it retuned for my cam & stall up grade... and and he did a damn good job on it as well.... I also was going to get a nelson tune if mine did not come out good, but so far I have had a good luck with Jesse so I am happy... I really dont know why alot of people are having problems with him:??? I know about 7 people that I have recommended to him and all 7 are happy as well, they noticed a big difference on their all-bolt-on trucks.... but do what you got to do!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i had a 2002 chevy silvy that ran 13.8 all motor and 12.7 on nos. i had a hypertech to start. then went to a westers tune. it was a good tune till i began to upgrade other perf parts and trannies. then it went south. after four tries i went to nelson. after a very basic tune from nelson at the track i gained 4 tenths. after that i went to nelson from that point on. i have logged WFM tunes and wasnt impressed at all. i have owned a westers tune( 4 to be exact) and then nelson after that. my ford will also be nelson tuned soon.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Mortgage Banker Mod

So no one on the forum has done a before / after dyno run on any of these tunes? I'd just be very curious (like everyone) to see the results of a Nelson / Westers tune on a bolt on car (intake / exhaust).
Old 12-29-2005, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not very happy with my W4M tune.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Default westers VS wait 4 me

heres a comparison of the wait 4 me tune and a westers tune by a guy who bought both

http://chevytruckworld.tenmagazines....une_comparison

Quick Reply: which upgrade wait4me or nelson