Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

which upgrade wait4me or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know how old this thread is, this is the first iv seen it. Im gonna chime in as well. I looked at all companies. (except PCM4Less)...Nelson....Westers...then W4M.....i have an 04 Silverado....pretty much all wanted almost $500 for a mail order tune. I was not about to pay that much for a PCM that was tuned 100's of miles away. MAYBE for a dyno tune..MAYBE.....I have very few mods to my truck...I went w/ a W4M tune..i thought i couldnt go wrong for the price..156 bucks AND i kept my stocker....i was right...i have been nothin but tickled w/ my tune...no SES lights...nothing...shifts great...(identical to a Nelson tune i have ridden in)....the truck jus feels alot meaner...I have yet to dyno w/ the tune, that could be a different story. but for my mods...and my hard earned money I love the tune. Yes its hard to get ahold of Jesse at times, but when I have he has answered all my questions and very helpful. You get what you pay is NOT always true....except maybe a paint job...lol...but anyway...alot of people on here are biased and thats anywhere you go and to be expected...but..just my honest to God opinion..for my money...i feel i made a good choice and im happy w/ it...wow..that was alot....and also...im not tryin to flame anyone as well...you guys are like beer drinking buddies w/ all that BS thats flung around here and i love it..lol....keep it up....so..jus put me down as a HAppy Wait4Me customer
Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just so everyone knows.. I have ordered my W4M as well....I alled Jesse and talked to him for a minute and got a few things figured out about exactly what he was capable of doing and everything he could change and, if I have anything close to the luck that Chevyman has had with his then I will be yet another happy man. I have NEVER had my truck on the track. I might in March though at HRP so I dont even honestly know what to expect but, from everyone I have spoken to, I have heard nothing but good things about Jesse and his tuning. You gotta give the man some credit though.... he HAS to be swamped with the deal he has going right now.... I have aready emailed hiim my specs for my tune (tq mgmt, shift poits, rev limiter, top end, a/f, timing, etc and I have full faith that he'll have no problem making it happen for me. and if something's not right.... f-it.... free upgrades and re-tunes for life... so even if I have to ship it back 5 or 6 times to get it like I want, it still isnt going to be 5 or 600 bucks.... I dont think there's a better deal going....
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen and looked at wait4me tunes and man they are not great at all!Sorry to say but at least the truck with a 4.8 that had the wait4me sucked ***!I know you wait4me guys will get pissed about what I am saying but I am sorry,at least the one I saw in a 4.8 sucked,damn near like a hypertech and the tiuming tables were eveywhere and they should not be,they should be smooth and not have and valleys and mountains on the 3D graph but this wait4me tune had all that and more which is not a very good thing for performance or anything at that matter.
I will eave it at that.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:36 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any mail order tune can be like that. My dyno curves with mine were amaisingly flat. When I scanned the tune I saw where there was a bit of room for improvement, but my tables weren't "all over the place" Its always hit or miss with mail order tuning. I got it by the ***** now though. HPTuners.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a mail order tuner w/smooth graphs....no names but his initials are Allen Nel.........ahh hell you figure it out....