Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Vortec Max Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortec Max Tuning

Is there anybody that has a good tune for a 06 vortec max or that can help me out, I just got Hp Tuners and started working with it. Any help will be appriciated. Also what wide band would be recomended? Truck in sig.

Last edited by 00Z71; 07-26-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

What do you need help with?? There is a ton of info in the sticky's on the top of this section you posted in!! is there anything that you need specific clarification on?
Old 07-26-2006, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have been messing aroud with some stuff. I cant seem to be able to get my o2s to read correctly at wot, sometimes 230 mv and then next cell it will jump to 890. I tried and have been adding to pe table but doesnt seem to help. Any ideas.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Z71
I have been messing aroud with some stuff. I cant seem to be able to get my o2s to read correctly at wot, sometimes 230 mv and then next cell it will jump to 890. I tried and have been adding to pe table but doesnt seem to help. Any ideas.
230mv at WOT is not good. 890mv for N/A is good.

Check your PE enrichment delay first off. If it is anything other than 0.0, change it. Report back.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dc_justin
230mv at WOT is not good. 890mv for N/A is good.

Check your PE enrichment delay first off. If it is anything other than 0.0, change it. Report back.
I always like to keep it between 890 and 905, but for some reason it is not responding. I keep on adding to PE value but no change. I havent had time to mess with here latley and i am waiting for my wide band. What else could it be? I am just confused that the cells jump around that much, and the only mod is the exhaust.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just tdo the math and set your PE to about 12.6 a/f, to be safe until you get a wide band. But, I dont think you really need one yet, unless you have bigger plans for it other than intake and exaust.

Other than that, adjust your fuel trims, add some timing, mabye play with dwell if you like to live dangerously, raise you shift points, adjust pressures, get rid of torque managment( you have a warranty), raise your rev limit remove traction control, raise your speed limiter, if it starts to idle a little wierd, raise your running airflow a little (10-20%). Make sure you saved your stock program!!!

And finally RESAERCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! there is a **** ton of info on how to do this stuff so keep reading and you will start to get the hang of it.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and then next cell it will jump
how you mean? what cell? not being stupid, but as you go into PE there ofcourse is delay to deal with and the lag of a richer exhaust stream. Lag may be half a second but enough to give you a low o2 reading in saaaaaay, 2000RPM/90MAP. Got a screen shot? or post up your scan and/or tune?

have you screwed with you pe enable settings yet? (highly advise to do what dc_justin says on the pe rate)maybe you made it hard to get into pe and it isn't reacting for you because you aren't telling it to. Hard to help you with out a tune and scan posted up.

research research research is right, but we'll still help you along.

ps, did i mention to post up your tune and scan yet?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I always like to keep it between 890 and 905, but for some reason it is not responding. I keep on adding to PE value but no change. I havent had time to mess with here latley and i am waiting for my wide band. What else could it be? I am just confused that the cells jump around that much, and the only mod is the exhaust.
Any pics of this truck? Ive got a VMAX crew as well and ill be doin my 2/4 this week and my 22s should be here soon.

What did you use to lower it?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

How can I post my logs and tunes on here, I tried to attach them on a zip folder but it says file is to large.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TravisH
Just tdo the math and set your PE to about 12.6 a/f, to be safe until you get a wide band. But, I dont think you really need one yet, unless you have bigger plans for it other than intake and exaust.

Other than that, adjust your fuel trims, add some timing, mabye play with dwell if you like to live dangerously, raise you shift points, adjust pressures, get rid of torque managment( you have a warranty), raise your rev limit remove traction control, raise your speed limiter, if it starts to idle a little wierd, raise your running airflow a little (10-20%). Make sure you saved your stock program!!!

And finally RESAERCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! there is a **** ton of info on how to do this stuff so keep reading and you will start to get the hang of it.
this is all excellent advise, don't forget to visit hptuners.com/forums

Quick Reply: Vortec Max Tuning