Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4me tune is in..... Does it take time for this thing to come to life?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok guys, i just got off the phone with jesse and he said even though i didnt get a ses light doesbt mean the crank relearn doesbt have to be done. he said get a crank relearn and reset the pcm at the same time and this should be the ticket. i amgoing out to find a shop now and will report back later. time 2 go burn up the road.......
Old 08-11-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hirdlej
ok guys, i just got off the phone with jesse and he said even though i didnt get a ses light doesbt mean the crank relearn doesbt have to be done. he said get a crank relearn and reset the pcm at the same time and this should be the ticket. i amgoing out to find a shop now and will report back later. time 2 go burn up the road.......
What a pain in the a$$!! I would be sending that PCM back for another or my money back. It's his job to make his tune react right, not yours.
That's why his tune would never be in any of my vehicles.
Like I said before, Thanks Nelson!

Jim
Old 08-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Teching In

... the crank relearn isnt something that he can actually put in the tune himself though... its different on each vehicle. Plus it only takes a few minutes to get the crank relearn done.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had to do that with any of 9 nelson tunes that I have put in my truck maybe I am just lucky.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Teching In

was yours a brand new PCM?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Never had to do that with any of 9 nelson tunes that I have put in my truck maybe I am just lucky.
You are lucky!
All of my Nelson PCMs have had to get the crank relearn done, on #4 now.

And from what I know Predator does not remove torque management, at least not on the 2002 version programmer I have. I did hear some mutterings about the newer models being capable of modifying or removing it all together.
That could have just been rumor though.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've thought TM was just to keep from blowing these weak automatics(at least the 60e). How does it come into play with a 5-speed?

Good luck with the tune/relearn. I plan on getting one someday.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
What a pain in the a$$!! I would be sending that PCM back for another or my money back. It's his job to make his tune react right, not yours.
That's why his tune would never be in any of my vehicles.
Like I said before, Thanks Nelson!

Jim
Well actually my buddy just got a tune from Nelson a few months ago and got a SES light from the get go. Nelson told him maybe he had bad gas(87 on a 93 tune) which he did. He has ran many 93oct tanks through it and the damn light wont turn off. I am not knocking on Nelson one bit, as a matter of fact a few trucks on this board are running better than most with the same mods and they have nelson tunes, and they are locals to me. I would have gotten a Nelson tune but Jesse's price is hard to beat. If I am not satisfied with it I will buy a nelson tune and I will only be out the 150 that the Wait4me tune costed.

Point being I have heard of guys not be happy with Nelson, westers, and guys switching over to Wait4me from Pcm4less.

They should all be good tuners but some are more convenient than others!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

I never got any lights when I installed my Nelson tune, but I was not impressed with the performance it gave me. I called Allen and he told me to give it some time to "learn" about 500 miles. It did get a little better but I really dont think I got my moneys worth untill I went to San Antonio and got a street tune from him. It felt like a whole new truck.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
Well actually my buddy just got a tune from Nelson a few months ago and got a SES light from the get go. Nelson told him maybe he had bad gas(87 on a 93 tune) which he did. He has ran many 93oct tanks through it and the damn light wont turn off. I am not knocking on Nelson one bit, as a matter of fact a few trucks on this board are running better than most with the same mods and they have nelson tunes, and they are locals to me. I would have gotten a Nelson tune but Jesse's price is hard to beat. If I am not satisfied with it I will buy a nelson tune and I will only be out the 150 that the Wait4me tune costed.

Point being I have heard of guys not be happy with Nelson, westers, and guys switching over to Wait4me from Pcm4less.

They should all be good tuners but some are more convenient than others!

Quick Reply: Wait4me tune is in..... Does it take time for this thing to come to life?