Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4me tune is in..... Does it take time for this thing to come to life?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ap2002
Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Newton82
was yours a brand new PCM?
Dont have a clue abouit that. I got my first tune from him in person and it made a big difference maybe thats why I like his tune so much I dont know. IMO if you can get an in-person tune by ANYBODY it is going to be way better than anybody elses mail order tune.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a nelson radix tune baut 8-9 months ago and it was just a total waste of time and money i even bought a new PCM from him so i could have two PCMs ....truck didnt run rite lost sh*& load of power and tranny wont even shift rite so i sent it back for a reflash when i got it back.it was the same crapy% tune so i removed PCM and left it on the floor somewhere...
Old 08-11-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLACK 5.3
i got a nelson radix tune baut 8-9 months ago and it was just a total waste of time and money i even bought a new PCM from him so i could have two PCMs ....truck didnt run rite lost sh*& load of power and tranny wont even shift rite so i sent it back for a reflash when i got it back.it was the same crapy% tune so i removed PCM and left it on the floor somewhere...
Maybe Allen had a crappy day or accidently pushed the wrong button. He has always been a top notch tuner, maybe one of the best. I just think its unfair when people bad mouth other tuners just cause of loyalty to a certain one.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Well I got about 60 miles on the tune now and counting after driving to work this morning I went to pass someone and it felt sluggish at first but when it hit about 3500 RPM's then it really started to move so I figured ahh, what the hell, let's see how fast she'll go in 4th gear, I held it down and it pulled clean and consistent up to 105 where I let off. I think you guys may be right on this and that highway driving doesn't give the low end any time to learn. I should go out for lunch today and cruise some. It seems as though every time I go for a drive and shut it off, then start it back up a few hours later it runs a little bit better. It's funny how this all works.... I'll report back with my findings as I rack more miles up on this thing. The top end pulling power now is at least equal to my predator. the low end into the midrange is still a little soggy, I still cannot spin the tires hardly from a dead stop. Hopefully this continues to get better and better.

Joe
You have a 5-speed w/3.73 and you can't spin the tires from a dead stop? Does the G80 make that much of a difference??? I only spin one tire w/the 3.42's but it spins that one for over 300ft. I've had the truck for 3 months, bought it w/new tires, i'm going this weekend to buy more
Old 08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have 3.42's with the g80 and an auto. i hardly turn them, and my truck's gettin pretty strong.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WT485SPDSilverado
You have a 5-speed w/3.73 and you can't spin the tires from a dead stop? Does the G80 make that much of a difference??? I only spin one tire w/the 3.42's but it spins that one for over 300ft. I've had the truck for 3 months, bought it w/new tires, i'm going this weekend to buy more

Well, depends. If I do a 3000 RPM clutch dump of course it'll spin the tires, however it SHOULD spin the tires just by smashing the gas after 1st gear is engaged.....
Old 08-12-2005, 07:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Well, depends. If I do a 3000 RPM clutch dump of course it'll spin the tires, however it SHOULD spin the tires just by smashing the gas after 1st gear is engaged.....
What about when you grab 2nd? does it still spin pretty bad? That's where i lose a lot of time at the track. It actually bounces off rev as soon as i shift to 2nd and i have to feather the throttle
Old 08-12-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WT485SPDSilverado
What about when you grab 2nd? does it still spin pretty bad? That's where i lose a lot of time at the track. It actually bounces off rev as soon as i shift to 2nd and i have to feather the throttle
When I hit 2nd it barely chirps. With the predator tune it would ice both back tires then break into a one wheel burnout (so much for that factory posi) After talking to Jesse yesterday he said regardless if you get a SES light or not after installing your tune, you need to get a crank relearn done!!!! PERIOD!! Let's say my timing is off 3 degrees or so, that's a lot!!!! I will also admit now that after logging 175 miles on my truck in a couple days that the tune is slightly getting stronger but only in the midrange. The problem in hand feels strongly like a timing issue, it's not advancing as aggresively as I would like from idle on up to 3500. BTW, at cruise according to my auto xray and my diablo handheld (diagnostic mode) at cruise I'm pulling 41 deg of timing and NO KR, at 50% throttle on a pull it's dipping down to 24 deg or so then at WOT goes no higher than around 29. Does this sound right? Also my O2's are reading around 750MV at cruise and my LTFT's are Zeroing out at WOT. (I think that's a good thing). I am going to try and find someone today that can relearn the crank sensor for me and then we can start this whole thing over again. Now another thing jesse told me is if I want to force 8 degrees timing irregardless of IAT's or water temp or gas quality, to disconnect the water temperature sending unit wire. He programs this into his tunes that regardless of the current engine state, it will force the extra 8 degrees on. Another idea is Jesse said with his tune a guy can wire a potentiometer in somewhere (he didn't specify) and then put it in a face plate on your dash. With the dial in place a guy could then adjust his timing on the fly. (this may be ideal in the future). What I would like to know is where is the water temp sender on these things anyways?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 08-18-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had a problem like this and i finally figured out that it was cause the air conditioning was blowing full force

Quick Reply: Wait4me tune is in..... Does it take time for this thing to come to life?