Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4me tune and TM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait4me tune and TM

So I called wait4me and they said that taking out TM doesnt do much. Said all they would take out is 75%. Said if they sent me one with 100% TM taken out and one with none taken out that I couldnt tell the difference. Is that true? Confused because I thought getting rid of some of it was good.

I had them take out 50% of mine.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Well the more TM you take out the more stress you put on your transmission and driveline. Do you have any tranny work done? If your tranny is stock, and i'm assuming you have a 4l60E, then it wont be too long before it goes bye bye!!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gmforlife
Well the more TM you take out the more stress you put on your transmission and driveline. Do you have any tranny work done? If your tranny is stock, and i'm assuming you have a 4l60E, then it wont be too long before it goes bye bye!!!!
Ha we posted at the same time! So 50% TM is bad? What do I need to do to make it the tranny stronger? Servos and a shift kit? If so where do I get a shift kit?

It has 60k on it now and I've flushed the tranny at my shop, replaced the filter and then flushed it again 4k miles later. Its very clean.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03GMC
So I called wait4me and they said that taking out TM doesnt do much. Said all they would take out is 75%. Said if they sent me one with 100% TM taken out and one with none taken out that I couldnt tell the difference.
they seriously said that?? How is positive timing during a shift not better than negative timing?? The few vehicles that ive tuned one being a TBSS with just TM removed ran a heck of a lot better..

Last edited by ridnlow; 06-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03GMC
So I called wait4me and they said that taking out TM doesnt do much. Said all they would take out is 75%. Said if they sent me one with 100% TM taken out and one with none taken out that I couldnt tell the difference. Is that true? Confused because I thought getting rid of some of it was good.

I had them take out 50% of mine.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great. Thanks!
I don't buy it for a second. I pulled all torque management out of my brothers 2004 Silverado ECSB and it woke up big time. For them to say you couldn't tell the difference is ridiculous. Find another tuner; Try Nelson.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by gmforlife
I have had 0% TQ management in my past two trucks, beat the hell out of them, ran 33's and never one problem. The trucks were with a L33-4l60e and a LQ9-4l70e. Never a problem with the trannies.

no tranny mods as well.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

find a different tuner man.. hell you could even run different tranny tunes when you engage tow haul... i have 60% tq management regular driving and then 0% when i engage tow haul mode... and raised line pressure in tow haul mode... and quicker shifts all around the board.. Dusty Wilde (Wilde Racing on the forums) is the man and is doing an awesome job on my mail order
Old 06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup some damn good tuners on this board..
Old 06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Funny how some truck can remove all TM and beat the hell out of them and the tranny lasts forever. And there are also cases such as me with a shift kit and servo and 0 TM and 35,000 miles it snaps like a twig with just a 5.3 w/ bolt ons. Anyway, I would do a transgo HD2 shift kit with vette servo, i got my **** off a power seller on ebay, oregonperformance i think is the guy, total out the door is like $100 or so for both. Then you can take out all TM and have fun.

Quick Reply: Wait4me tune and TM