Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4me tune and TM

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When he says that there will be no diffrence he is right. What I believe he is talking about is called torque reduction(efilive terms) It pulls timing while the trans is shifting. So when it pulls this timing the shift is actually able to happen faster, and when it is shifting you can't put any torque to the wheels so the loss in torque dosent matter.

You can take about 50% out just so the shifts will feel harder and firm not sloppy, and so you can make the tires chirp if you want to.

I think people think that TM just pulls timing when you stomp on it and stuff.
The stock timing I believe is not all that bad but there is room for improvement.

I think Torque Reduction or tm will actually make a stock trans shift faster, and you dont need it at stock levels you can still do it with 50-75%.

Besides the stock timing I dont think anything else interfers with timing besides when you rev it in nuetral and shift it into park.
Except for vehicles with Electronic throttle control(2003+) which just keeps you from going full throttle in certain times.

Trying to get a stock 4L60e in a truck to give a firm tire chirping shift on the WOT 1-2 I dont think will happen, you will need a servo or shift kit.

One thing I think people mistake TM with is the PE delay mode. On trucks a 14.7 air fuel ratio is matained untill about 3500-5000rpm then it will enrich to a richer air fuel ratio that will make more power. This is the lag or slow start feeling you get when you go WOT from a slow start.

Remember TM or TR only pulls timing during the shift so i believe it is not affecting speed or ET or anything, just effects how you feel the shift and how much your trans and rest of the driveline feels it.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

It does infact pull timing during a shift. If you scan your truck while driving and look at the timing, you will see it get knocked down when shifting in each gear. With %100 TM removal, the timing remains constant throught the shift, you will not see a difference. It's just a slight protection for the driveline. People that have EFI or HPT have gone to tracks with a basically stock truck and made runs, then removed TM and ram like .2 or so faster with just removal of TM. They say not to take out all of it unless you have a shift kit and servo at least. It's up to you, but i think myabe W4M was talking about is that you won't notice a difference between %50 taken out and %75 taken out. Just get a shift kit and servo, install it yourself and get %100 taken out and you'll be fine.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

not to hijak or anything but i dont wanna start another thread. do you think that the w4me tune isgoing to give a noticable increase? i get paid next week so im thinking about ordering one.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM
14 Second Truck Club

for the money you cannot go wrong for a basic tune
Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a substantial difference between TM being reduced by 75% and 100% removed, both in feel and results, especially as line pressures are increased/desired shift times reduced.

Originally Posted by cmitchell17
Trying to get a stock 4L60e in a truck to give a firm tire chirping shift on the WOT 1-2 I dont think will happen, you will need a servo or shift kit.
It can definitely happen.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Than why can't I get mine to do it. Its got 130000 easy miles on it though.

Although it dosent shift like the stock shift that slips into second. It still could be faster like the other lighter throttle shifts. My TR ramps up fast untill about 200ftlbs and then levels off instead of keep going up.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW
My L33 stock tune had zero Tranny TM stock when not in tow/haul.
20-40% in tow haul.

Also, Engine TM is where we see all the change in performance.

They are 2 different things.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

bottom line is, dont let W4M tune your truck...
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
bottom line is, dont let W4M tune your truck...
You did ......and I did too
Old 06-19-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RandomHero
You did ......and I did too
So what would you say... "Learn from our mistakes, don't do it."

Find a local tuner.

Quick Reply: Wait4me tune and TM