Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wait4me tune and TM

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
So what would you say... "Learn from our mistakes, don't do it."

Find a local tuner.
actually I liked mine. wait4me tunes are GREAT for a basically stock truck but if you do anything like a cam then don't go with them
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i should be fine right? with just intake and exhuast and possibly shorty headers.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by One_Slow4.8
so i should be fine right? with just intake and exhuast and possibly shorty headers.
I've run 0% torque management for 25k miles. Half of that being with an intake and exhaust and the other half with a 224/224 cam. No slipping yet and I have 109K.

I just got a nice package from Oregon Performance Transmissions today though.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

you should be alright I guess... but the tune itself would be better overall if you went with someone else all together... W4M is ADEQUATE with minor mods, but more competent tuners can tune it for the way it is, and go back later, and update it as you mod. and you tune will grow with the truck's mod list... I've been around and around with W4M, I just dont like the company all together.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
you should be alright I guess... but the tune itself would be better overall if you went with someone else all together... W4M is ADEQUATE with minor mods, but more competent tuners can tune it for the way it is, and go back later, and update it as you mod. and you tune will grow with the truck's mod list... I've been around and around with W4M, I just dont like the company all together.
YEP wait4me tune lost their quality(however much they had) when they started getting huge.

The exact same thing happened to Nelson. His quality seemed to go out the door. He used to post on here pretty often but now the only reason he comes on here is to defend himself(which he has been doing a lot of lately).

Wheatley and JustinSS are the two guys I'd even consider sending my money to now and I hope neither one of them ends up falling into the boat Nelson and Wait4me did.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I just got a nice package from Oregon Performance Transmissions today though.
Sounds like someone got some tranny goodies. What did you get, transgo, vette servo?

Oh, and BTW, i had W4M as well, didn't care for it once i got into more mods, doing it yourself is way better
Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gmforlife
Sounds like someone got some tranny goodies. What did you get, transgo, vette servo?

Oh, and BTW, i had W4M as well, didn't care for it once i got into more mods, doing it yourself is way better
LOL among about $1000 worth of other ****.
big stuff includes:full alto rebuilt, billet servos, hd2 shift kit, vac mod kit, hardened output shaft, and just about everything you can think of minus the 5 pinion planetaries (I don't plan to tow)
Old 06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

LOL among about $1000 worth of other ****.
big stuff includes:full alto rebuilt, billet servos, hd2 shift kit, vac mod kit, hardened output shaft, and just about everything you can think of minus the 5 pinion planetaries (I don't plan to tow)
4l60? That's a lot of **** man, if it is a 60, hope it holds together for yah.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gmforlife
4l60? That's a lot of **** man, if it is a 60, hope it holds together for yah.
yup. No reason why it shouldn't I've replaced about everything I can think of the could break. I would have went with a flt level 5 but for what I wanted it would have cost me $3000. I'll have less than $1500 into this one when I'm done.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

yup. No reason why it shouldn't I've replaced about everything I can think of the could break. I would have went with a flt level 5 but for what I wanted it would have cost me $3000. I'll have less than $1500 into this one when I'm done.
very true, FLT makes some good trannies though, i love mine. My tranny is no longer in the back of my mind anymore.

Quick Reply: Wait4me tune and TM