Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Weird decel problem?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
That was black GMC.

I wouldnt worry about all that.

Your issue is the wrong engine size. I predict it will solve your problem.
Sorry, I saw GMC and thought it was the same person. Thanks for the help.

I went to EFI 101 this weekend and stayed in a Holiday Express so I'm going to start tuning top fuel dragsters now. LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

lmfao

I dont know that much about tuning, but the best way to learn imo is just to look at as many tunes as possible. And read too, of course.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
lmfao

I dont know that much about tuning, but the best way to learn imo is just to look at as many tunes as possible. And read too, of course.
The EFI101 course was really good even though it didn't cover much on GM vehicles. I want to take the EFILive course the next time they offer it to figure out more about the way GM controls everything. Tuning a vehicle from scratch with an aftermarket ECU would be much easier than what we are trying to do with GM's calibrations fighting ever change we make. We were talking about GM in the class and they said that EFILive has only extracted about 10% of the code in the GM ECU so we are not even seeing the other 10,000+ hidden tables.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

That tables i changed are B3406 and B3401.

About the cylinder size problem, this will make the values in your VE table and Boost VE more realistic, however changes to the above table will also help with your initial problem. Since your Boosted i bet your also suffering for a lean tip in problem as well, the above tables will also help with that... From my understanding B3406 controls the amount of extra fuel that is added and B3401 controls the length of time (duration) that fuel stays...

I was going to suggest starting over with your tune with a proper segment swap, Which is what i would do if i were you however since you have been running this tune for awhile, making changes to the cylinder volume should help get more realistic values, but i would also lower your timing as a precaution then add the timing back in after your fueling is lined out.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

I am going to state this and I believe that BlackGMC already did earlier some but if you don't have ALL of the correct injector data input in the tune for those injectors you are running then you are going to continue to have fueling problems and you will be hacking up and raping your tune to try and correct it until the injector settings are correct.

The IFR needs to be as spot on as possible although not every single injector may flow exactly the same along with the right voltage offsets, min. pulsewidth, short pulse adder, etc....

I dont know if that was all that you changed was the IFR table for those injectors but if so then that is pretty big piece of your problem alone. I don't have efilive on my computer that I am at right now to look at your tune but I would have to say at this point that you don't have the injectors dialed in right as one of your definate problems.

I've got all of the EXACT data for the Motron 60's as far as offsets, everything and when I get to my other computer later I would be happy to look at your tune and see what you got in there.

Last edited by KLUG'S SS; 12-09-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackGMC

About the cylinder size problem, this will make the values in your VE table and Boost VE more realistic, however changes to the above table will also help with your initial problem. Since your Boosted i bet your also suffering for a lean tip in problem as well, the above tables will also help with that... From my understanding B3406 controls the amount of extra fuel that is added and B3401 controls the length of time (duration) that fuel stays...

I was going to suggest starting over with your tune with a proper segment swap, Which is what i would do if i were you however since you have been running this tune for awhile, making changes to the cylinder volume should help get more realistic values, but i would also lower your timing as a precaution then add the timing back in after your fueling is lined out.
I changed my cylinder volume and the funny thing is that it didn't affect fueling at all. I made the change and logged it for 20 minutes and my AF was dead on with the same VE settings. I'm not sure what the cylinder volume is used for in our tunes but maybe it only affects non-SD tunes. I will look at the other two tables this evening and I do get the lean tip in occaisionally.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have those tables in my operating system. I'm going to try some different settings with my injectors to see if that will help.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
I don't have those tables in my operating system. I'm going to try some different settings with my injectors to see if that will help.
You need to update to the newest version of EFI Live.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good point. My laptop crashed a couple of weeks ago and I haven't downloaded the new version again yet. I will check it out. Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now it's there. I will raise them a little tomorrow and see if it helps. Thanks