Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Whats going on after wait4me install?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats going on after wait4me install?!

So I got home from Vegas today and while I was gone had received my pcm from wait4me. Easy to install.

Only thing after I took it for a quick spin and got on it, it sounds like bbs (?) are in my engine. Is it just knock because I have regular gas and and need to go to premium? Or is it something else? Sounds like someone poured bbs in my engine is the best way I can describe it. Help.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, Sounds like detonation. is it a 93 octane tune? Do you have a A/F gauge available? When I got my first W4M tune my WOT A/F was like 15+xx so I sent it back and he corrected it. But if I didn't have the gauge, the motor would be toast.... I'm not knockin him, he is good, once corrected it blew my diablosport tune away. it also could be unique to my truck, it's an 04 with a bunch of 03 stuff on it from the factory, brakes, Tstat, more I can't think of right now He'll figure it out, and the second tune is usually better anyway cause he has some info to go by. just don't be hard on it till then.. Good Luck..
Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by FastCrewCab4x4
Wow, Sounds like detonation. is it a 93 octane tune? Do you have a A/F gauge available? When I got my first W4M tune my WOT A/F was like 15+xx so I sent it back and he corrected it. But if I didn't have the gauge, the motor would be toast.... I'm not knockin him, he is good, once corrected it blew my diablosport tune away. it also could be unique to my truck, it's an 04 with a bunch of 03 stuff on it from the factory, brakes, Tstat, more I can't think of right now He'll figure it out, and the second tune is usually better anyway cause he has some info to go by. just don't be hard on it till then.. Good Luck..
He said the tune would adjust to the type of fuel I put in my truck. I'm going to call him later today and ask whats up. I might be able to pick of an A/F gauge. I was reading about the pinging by searching threads and someone said the pinging at 1st is normal and it would go away? Anyone else shed some light on this for me?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

what you are hearing is detonation. Go put some 93 and some octain booster in it and drive it normal dont pound on it and let the tables set themselves for the higher octiain and see if the ping goes away.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dock Rocker
what you are hearing is detonation. Go put some 93 and some octain booster in it and drive it normal dont pound on it and let the tables set themselves for the higher octiain and see if the ping goes away.
Well he told me I need to do the crank position relearn. Is that going to help it? He also told me before as I put in another post that the pcm would adjust to whatever octane gas I put in there. Its pinging like crazy at WOT. I put more octane booster in there a 5 gals of 92 (highest we have here) I'll see what that does. Guess this was a waste of my money?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Dont keep going wide open that will kill your engine. Just baby it for a few days and pump up the octain see what that does. If that dosent do it PM wheatly here he is one of the best tuners around and not much more then jesse.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

I would do a crank re-learn asap, then put some higher octane gas, sounds like the pcm is running on the high octane table and you have low octane gas. Then if it doesn't get better maybe talk to Jesse about it.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey guys- kinda bit off topic. Where do I get my hands on an A/F guage..............