Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wheatley tunes....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheatley tunes....

not trying to talk bad about Charlie or nothing but earlier i was washing the truck and i left it on the ACC so i could listen to the radio while drying it off and what not and then i was going to start it up to move it and then it went into Security mode... the only thing that has been done to the computer is the tune i have gotten from Charlie. nothing else has been added to the truck or anything. basically, i had to wait til the battery and security light stopped flashing and then turn the truck off and it started right up (basically like when i got the tune the first time) has anyone else had a problem like this before??

edit: and this is still with my V6 in. the 5.3L isnt in yet

and Charlie, if you catch this, what do you think the problem could be?

-John
Old 09-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Launching!

same thing started happening to me after i had my alarm system and remote start installed. very rarely when i use my remote start it will try to start and die.. then i have to wait a while too. dont know the cause either
Old 09-21-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
same thing started happening to me after i had my alarm system and remote start installed. very rarely when i use my remote start it will try to start and die.. then i have to wait a while too. dont know the cause either

well my remote start does that too but i have had that for two years now

im talking about the truck went in to a complete security mode and wouldnt start at all for about ten mins
Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

im willing to bet its because of the remote start...the guy that bought one of my old trucks put all that bullshit on it and had nothing but problems.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:57 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck had to "relearn" the Security code a few times before I started tunning it, (way back when it was stock) Now about once a week my security light comes on. I've been told it has somthing to do with the key switch, and replacing it will fix my problem.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
My truck had to "relearn" the Security code a few times before I started tunning it, (way back when it was stock) Now about once a week my security light comes on. I've been told it has somthing to do with the key switch, and replacing it will fix my problem.
well i donno if the remote start has anything to do with it cause like i said i have had it for about two years now and i just got the tune back in April. i hardly ever use the remote start unless it is cold out side...

but now that you said something about the key switch, the truck got broken into back in may and they tried to steal the truck and jammed my ignition. had to take it dealer so they could replace the ignition and cut me a new set of keys and they were having problems with it for a couple of days saying they were having problems with the PCM and i told them not to reflash it since i had a tune on there. now im begining to wonder if it is something they did at the dealership that made the truck go into security mode....
Old 10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Launching!

yea.. mine went into security. i waited 10 or so minutes screwin with wires and checkin fuses tryin to figure out what the crap was going on.. no luck, i got a drink, came back and it fired right up. not sure if its cuz of my remote start. i also have some concerns about my pcm. either way it hasnt happened in a while so i guess im good. i also just got a tuned 02 pcm last week so if it happens again i know its not the pcm
Old 10-15-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll let charlie know about this thread and he can chime in