Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

When is VE in control vs. MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Chart on!

The only injector maker I have data from is Mototron, others are like it is a trade secret. I found a website that had an extensive list of injectors and some data, I will find it and forward it to you (could be you have stumbled upon it). I will ask those that I know (as well as make a post on the HPT forum), of how it works and relay that info to the enthusiasts. I agree about playing with numbers, I much prefer to understand their function then mearly adjusting them.

Good luck with your schooling.
Why would you need to play with Injector offsets? So far I have never really had a need for it. Been there done that.

RIck
Old 03-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Why would you need to play with Injector offsets? So far I have never really had a need for it. Been there done that.

RIck
Larger injectors have a larger pintle and take more time to open given the same amount of current delivered to them. With commanded pulse widths that are very low, the injector may not even open at all. At that point you need to tell the PCM to add in x amount of extra time when opening the injector to have them deliver the proper amount of fuel.
This "phenomena" can be seen easily with a set of Mototron 60s. When pulse widths get down below about 1.5ms, the injectors will struggle to open and the AFR will start to jump around. Get down close to 1ms and the injectors won't even open at all.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Larger injectors have a larger pintle and take more time to open given the same amount of current delivered to them. With commanded pulse widths that are very low, the injector may not even open at all. At that point you need to tell the PCM to add in x amount of extra time when opening the injector to have them deliver the proper amount of fuel.
This "phenomena" can be seen easily with a set of Mototron 60s. When pulse widths get down below about 1.5ms, the injectors will struggle to open and the AFR will start to jump around. Get down close to 1ms and the injectors won't even open at all.
I knew that, but you still dont need to touch the offset table. There are "other" tables for that stuff.

Rick
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

like what other tables?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RedHardSupra
like what other tables?
Well, from your previous posts, it sounds like you are doing just well enough. So I will stick to what works for me.

RIck