Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Where do I look next?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I look next?

After everything listed in my Any Ideas? thread needless to say the truck has a new NEW, not reman, alt and a new battery. Both have been in it for 24 hours and I can already tell something is not working right. All connections are clean and tight and the ground on the block is good, ground from the block to the firewall is good. While running it is already charging lower than last night at 12.5-13 on the dash gauge and when I got home tonight I turn the truck off and all the lights went dim. Turn the key on and gauge reads 10-10.5. My volt gauge is reading 14.00 off the power post of the alt and the battery is reading 12 with the key off. While driving my odometer lights flicker and flash a lot. I am lost... Thanks in advance guys 01 5.3 RCSB
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so two different people have told me today that since I put a cheap reman batt in the truck it is over working my alt and burning it up. In all these newer vehicles they tell me they need a good quality high cranking amp batt. Does anyone agree that is what is burning up alts and then of course draining the battery?