Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Who's running E85?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's running E85?

Are you guys mixing it? In the winter here the E85 is actually running 70% alchohol. I'm kicking around the idea of trying it but not for sure how to go about this. If the fuel is off alot I would have to check the alchohol content everytime I fuel up. Just wondering how you guys are doing it???
Old 01-23-2011, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter k
Are you guys mixing it? In the winter here the E85 is actually running 70% alchohol. I'm kicking around the idea of trying it but not for sure how to go about this. If the fuel is off alot I would have to check the alchohol content everytime I fuel up. Just wondering how you guys are doing it???

Been running it for darn near a year now and I am very pleased with the way my truck runs on it. As far as the ethanol content from summer to winter well here in Michigan and northern Indiana the ethanol content of E85 is right around that 70 % mark no matter what time of the year it is, I have tested it with my test kit many many times from different stations in about a 50 square mile area and I always come up with the same results right around 70.

As far as setting up the tune for it pretty simple, go in and change the stoichiometric value in the tune to match what you have in the tank and your fuel trims should be right in line with what they were on gas as long as your injector values are correct in your tune and your airflow tables are dialed in well with the good injector data. I tweaked a few other tables to get my truck to start up a little easier in the cold and some timing adjustments but other than that pretty simple.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Been running it for darn near a year now and I am very pleased with the way my truck runs on it. As far as the ethanol content from summer to winter well here in Michigan and northern Indiana the ethanol content of E85 is right around that 70 % mark no matter what time of the year it is, I have tested it with my test kit many many times from different stations in about a 50 square mile area and I always come up with the same results right around 70.

As far as setting up the tune for it pretty simple, go in and change the stoichiometric value in the tune to match what you have in the tank and your fuel trims should be right in line with what they were on gas as long as your injector values are correct in your tune and your airflow tables are dialed in well with the good injector data. I tweaked a few other tables to get my truck to start up a little easier in the cold and some timing adjustments but other than that pretty simple.
I will have to test what we have here. I know it is 70% right now but not for sure this summer.
What injectors are you running? Do you drive it daily?
Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

what wheels are those on your truck?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JP_BLACKSILVERADO
what wheels are those on your truck?
TBSS wheels on silverado lug pattern. You can get them from Norcal SS on here, TBSSowners forum, or GM fullsize forum.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

they look sick on your truck! how much did they run you?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

they look sick on your truck! how much did they run you?
Thanks....1300 shipped.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

did they come with the tires?
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

did they come with the tires?
No tires.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

post some pics of your truck with those wheels man..

Quick Reply: Who's running E85?