Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Xlink at WOT P1515

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xlink at WOT P1515

I keep popping a p1515 code with my LS3 TB and X-link at WOT normally close to the 2-3 shift... I will pop the p1515 ten times then every once in awhile a p1516 will come up at WOT. Also I will occasionally get a p1518 on start up (no other time so far).

Went to the track because it hadn't popped up in a few days, but low and behold I ran a 9.652 @ 58mph 1/8th!

Anyways I ohmed the X Link out and checked my voltage, all looked good as far as I know... Hoping DR. X will chime in on this. I have check all grounds, replaced the one behind the passenger side head, cleaned all connectors and connections, traced back the yellow and brown wires. I am about to start replacing everything piece by piece starting with the APP. Only thing I have not tried is bypassing the X Link on the grey wire.

Ohms:
Yellow .3
White- NA
Brown - .3
Black .3
Blue – NA
Purple – 19.26k
Purple-white- 23.8k
Purple-blue- 15.3m
Green- .3
Grey- 34

Volts:
Grey 5.01V
Blue 5.01V
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Truck in signature?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Did it start with x-link install? How much power does it make? 2 bar OS? Hptuners? efilive? Maf tune? Give me a few details I fought this issue with my 2007 with forced induction, I'm having a hard time finding a 1515 in the tune for my 07
Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Did it start with x-link install?

Yes, it starts fine

How much power does it make?

Not sure, but guessing about 425-450rwhp

2 bar OS? Hptuners? efilive? Maf tune?

MAF tune with EFI Live from Justin @ BlackBear

Truck in sig, running about 11-12psi
Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Did the issue start with the x-link is what I mean, I think you need to raise the calculated airflow tables, My issue was in the top of second gear as well, I ended up scaling my injectors to 50% of their actual value and cutting the v/e table in half as well to trick the computer to think it was operating at a lower g/cyl value.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How long have you had this on your truck?

P1515 means the TPS signals are OK, but the blade is not able to achieve the desired position. With key on, check if the blade is jammed against the stop while someone holds the pedal to the floor. Also check that the blade is not rubbing the throttle bore at any point. Check that the throttle bore is clean.

DTC P1515

Circuit Description

The commanded throttle position (TP), based on accelerator pedal position (APP) and possibly other limiting factors, is compared to the actual TP. The 2 values should be within a calibrated range of each other. Both the powertrain control module (PCM) and the throttle actuator control (TAC) module redundantly monitor the commanded and actual TP. This DTC sets if the PCM detects an out-of-range condition between commanded and actual throttle position.
Conditions for Running the DTC

• DTCs P0601, P0602, P0604, P0606, P1516, P1518, P2108 are not set.
  • DTCs P0120, P0220, P2135 are not active at the same time.
  • DTCs P0120 and P0220 are not active at the same time.
  • The ignition switch is in the crank or run position.
  • The ignition voltage is more than 8.5 volts.
  • The TAC system is not in the battery saver mode.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

• The PCM detects that the commanded and actual throttle positions are not within a calibrated range of each other.
  • The above condition is met for less than 1 second.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
  • The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Freeze Frame and/or the Failure Records.
  • The control module commands the TAC system to operate in the Reduced Engine Power mode.
  • A message center or an indicator displays Reduced Engine Power.
  • Under certain conditions the control module commands the engine OFF.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

• The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
  • A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
  • A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
  • Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids

• Inspect for mechanical concerns or binding that may be temperature related. Components may not move freely in extreme heat or cold due to the presence of contaminants or ice formation.
  • Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
  • When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than 1 TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing an individual condition may correct more than 1 DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Remember this if you review the stored information in Capture Info.
  • For an intermittent, refer to Intermittent Conditions .
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Launching!

My bad, yes when I installed X-link. I had an 87 on it and it kept popping a 2135 and I replaced it with an LS3 and get the 1515. I attached my log on this... It is at the very end if you can read it.
Attached Files
File Type: efi
LS1B_0025.efi (412.2 KB, 94 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Launching!

I haven't had it on that long, maybe a month and it is not my daily (about 500 miles on it). I checked and it is not jammed or obstructed anywhere. I tried to get the code to trip with the engine off with no avail.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try logging GM.ETCTP, GM.TPDES, GM.VOLTS

How old is the X-link? No orange wire?

In the log, if you were holding the pedal fully at 100% at the end, it appears that the throttle could not hold the 100% position for some reason. Possibly less than 12V getting to the throttle motor? Could be a partial break in the brown or yellow wires somewhere or a drop in system voltage at WOT?

Are you spraying meth?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Launching!

I will try to log those tomorrow.

It is the 2.1, no orange wire with pink loops. I'll trace the wires farther back as well. I traced them about 12" back and looked fine.

I am not spraying meth and have no other TP referencing device hooked up they are untampered. Only thing I have hooked up is a secondary fuel pump and water pump.

Quick Reply: Xlink at WOT P1515