Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

ZL1 Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 390 Likes on 261 Posts

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol..
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Area47
there is a difference between can't and won't. same thing with the ecm flash.
Oh I know lol. They are bringing it to another dealership to get them to try...we'll see how it goes.

Originally Posted by Atomic
I have considered this lol. If the customer would stop going full retard, I would yank that **** out of there and put the power adder on the stock engine. Hell, it has 3 MAP sensors, 2 of which are used (from what I can tell) only for making sure the air filter isn't plugged up. Way too complicated...too much room for error.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to take a wild stab, that the BCM is somehow messing with the PCM, like not working together, somehow. I know guys have taken these crate engines and put them in older muscle cars without too much trouble. Just a thought, although an interesting project.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

BCM has no influence on pcm driveability functions. It needs to be left with someone who has time to really start tinkering with it to figure it out. This is going to be one of those projects that you simply can't charge for all the time you spend on it shes going to be a lot of off the clock cause I want to figure it out time. I hate these the most but love em when I finally figure them out.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

KOEO fuel pressure should be 55-76lbs

If it hasn't been done I would put a LSA fuel pump in it and flash the fuel pump control module for a LSA camaro. Flashing the FPCM may or may not do a damm thing but there are engine specific calibrations for fuel pump operation under varying conditions that can be causing the problem.

Or scrap the FPCM and go to a boost referenced dual fuel pump aftermarket setup.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
BCM has no influence on pcm driveability functions. It needs to be left with someone who has time to really start tinkering with it to figure it out. This is going to be one of those projects that you simply can't charge for all the time you spend on it shes going to be a lot of off the clock cause I want to figure it out time. I hate these the most but love em when I finally figure them out.
I can relate to that. Definitely a love/hate sort of project. I am willing to tinker, but there's only so much I can do with the tools that I have. The truck is being sent to another dealership that supposedly has the ability to perform a GDS reflash of the ECM, so I am hoping that will give us a good response.

I guess the only things changed in the wiring to accept the new engine were the two additional MAP sensors, switching from 5 pin to 3 pin cam sensor, and other provisions for the bypass valve solenoid control. Aside from those things, it should operate exactly like stock. Its just so hard to imagine what might be causing problems when literally everything has checked out good so far.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Mod with training wheels

Here's a video of the throttle going full retard. You'll notice with the key on, the throttle is relaxed at 31%. As soon as the pedal is touched, it snaps back closed to 16% and then proceeds to follow what the pedal tells it to do. After letting off of the throttle, it stays at 16% for a little while and then goes back to 31%.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Mod with training wheels

GDS dealership reflash to a CTS-V operating system and it won't start. VIN matched, VATS removed...no crank. I did notice the ECM/PCM segments are different between the Colorado and CTS-V stuff...could that be the issue with the GDS reflash?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic
hey, as long as the logs look good...

Quick Reply: ZL1 Colorado