WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

finally getting my CHL

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:30 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
Desantis Nemesis is a great pocket holster. If you want something a little nicer and don't mind waiting Alabama Holster Co. make some really nice kydex holsters. I have a couple of their holsters for my Kahr P380, I especially like their back pocket holster.
i did a google search and boiled it down to the nemesis and the blackhawk size1 nylon holster. i went with the black hawk because it seems like it would give less of an outline and it has a spot that you can modify to carry an extra clip. didnt hurt that it was cheaper too lol. 17 bux shipped on ebay.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM

im taking the wife to shoot tonight. she hasnt shot in about a year. ill go ahead and shoot my LCP for the first time if i can find some more ammo.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ammo is everywhere out here, just high. Buy a different weight spring for the LCP, ******* are snappy.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM

i havent even shot it yet so im not sure what you mean by snappy lol. how much is a spring? when i bought the gun, 380 ammo was hard to find. everyone was out of it. im guessing its all good now?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

easy here! Snappy as in the recoil, .380 in a small frame is a bit snappy. The BodyGuard IMO was a better shooting gun
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Springs, look up online. Research on a gun forum first.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know, I'd wondered what Kydex was, kinda figured it was a synthtic or plastic holster. Indeed it is, when I did a quick search. It just looked that way, even in lousy pics on a computer or on my phone.

TXglock, ya I'll look that link over when I get a chance. I like to see what's out there whenever I research somethin, anything, I'm gettin into or thinkin about.

Actually, glocktalk is where I learned some firearm stuff, not even related to Glocks at all. Just cause a person may think a specific brand may not be you (or rather them), there's a wealth of info in places one may not otherwise look. Sometimes one is already lookin cause they're aware of a given site, or info, other times u stumble on it. Then go -->

Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

kydex is fine unless you have an overpriced safe queen...
Old 08-26-2011, 05:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i did a google search and boiled it down to the nemesis and the blackhawk size1 nylon holster. i went with the black hawk because it seems like it would give less of an outline and it has a spot that you can modify to carry an extra clip. didnt hurt that it was cheaper too lol. 17 bux shipped on ebay.
I wondered about the Blackhawk, Wal Mart carries them here oddly enough. I stick with my Alabama Holsters now since I don't carry an extra magazine in the pocket with the gun. I always carry spare magazines on the left side of my body because my muscle memory is to reload with my left hand.

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i havent even shot it yet so im not sure what you mean by snappy lol. how much is a spring? when i bought the gun, 380 ammo was hard to find. everyone was out of it. im guessing its all good now?
By snappy he means the recoil is pretty harsh with the LCP because of it's light weight. Wolff makes recoil springs for the LCP that are like $9 a piece. Swapping to a heavier recoil spring (9lb is stock, Wolff offers them in 11-13lbs) can reduce recoil by slowing the slide down. I don't remember which weight to use offhand, you may want to do some searching to see what people recommend.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:25 AM

im not too worried about recoil. i dont plan to ever shoot this thing for pleasure. it will be my carry weapon, and if it is ever shot just hope you're not on the other side of it.

Quick Reply: finally getting my CHL