WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Going to try out EDCing a fixed blade

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. I'll post some pics after I receive it tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by trever1t
lol, Danny T.
He's a friend of a friend. I've met him, he's a really cool dude.
Should've asked him why he ratted everyone out in Heat
Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

EDC. Lol... You have been hanging out on tooo many gun forums.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
EDC. Lol... You have been hanging out on tooo many gun forums.
The thing in that picture is a knife Corey.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDC pocket knife... and a .40 concealed... c'mon your a Texan. ACT LIKE ONE!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
EDC pocket knife... and a .40 concealed... c'mon your a Texan. ACT LIKE ONE!

I already EDC either one of these

And maybe soon I'll be EDCing this as well

Old 05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So EDCing guns in Texas is bad/good overall?I mean outside the situations such as a ghetto or poverty strickin area.I thinking about petitioning for a license or jus carry cause,some of the areas I work in are pretty dangerous,and its not gettin any better.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by SincalT/A
So EDCing guns in Texas is bad/good overall?I mean outside the the situations such as a ghetto or poverty strickin areas.I thinking about petitioning for a license or jus carry cause,some of the areas I work in are pretty dangerous,and its not gettin any better.
Most people who carry a pistol concealed have never had to use it. And a lot of those who carry probably don't even venture into areas where it's actually "necessary". But it never hurts to be prepared, not to mention it is your right given to you in the Bill of Rights. I never want to be put into a position where I would have to use any of my firearms, but if the time comes I will be prepared for it.

I do not currently hold a CHL, but at some point I plan on going to get one. They're a tad pricey unless you find a good deal somewhere, and it's a huge responsibility that I am not sure I'm ready for yet. I take firearms very seriously, along with the vast majority of other gun owners. I'm not going to take on that responsibility until I feel I'm 100% ready and up to the task. Since I'm in school, I don't have enough time/money to go to the range and practice as much as I should. Hopefully when I graduate and get a better job, money will not be as much of an issue.

Guns and knives are a very addicting and expensive hobby, but as with any hobby, there will be those who think it's stupid or a waste of money. But I've always had a thing for knives since I was a kid, and now have the money to afford the nicer ones . And as far as guns are concerned, anyone that's shot a gun can tell you it is pretty entertaining. The added personal security you get from owning firearms is just a bonus.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Most people who carry a pistol concealed have never had to use it. And a lot of those who carry probably don't even venture into areas where it's actually "necessary". But it never hurts to be prepared, not to mention it is your right given to you in the Bill of Rights. I never want to be put into a position where I would have to use any of my firearms, but if the time comes I will be prepared for it.

I do not currently hold a CHL, but at some point I plan on going to get one. They're a tad pricey unless you find a good deal somewhere, and it's a huge responsibility that I am not sure I'm ready for yet. I take firearms very seriously, along with the vast majority of other gun owners. I'm not going to take on that responsibility until I feel I'm 100% ready and up to the task. Since I'm in school, I don't have enough time/money to go to the range and practice as much as I should. Hopefully when I graduate and get a better job, money will not be as much of an issue.

Guns and knives are a very addicting and expensive hobby, but as with any hobby, there will be those who think it's stupid or a waste of money. But I've always had a thing for knives since I was a kid, and now have the money to afford the nicer ones . And as far as guns are concerned, anyone that's shot a gun can tell you it is pretty entertaining. The added personal security you get from owning firearms is just a bonus.

Well put,and this is exactly what I thought/wanted to hear.I respect human life and feel as though im not in any position to take someones life.Now stopping them I have never had a problem with.Which is funny cause,apparently Cali thinks if you do any harm stopping a person from doing or threatening to do harm to another person then you are liable to the penalties they see fit.Oh then they take your right to bare arms away for 10 fukn years.Im not perfect and what I have had to do wasent always either but,it has always been effective and generally harmless unless a bruised ego is harm lol!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Well here in Texas, if someone broke into your house or is stealing your property, you have the right to use as much force as you deem necessary (up to and including lethal force) to stop the threat. That's not the exact wording of the law, but that's about the gist of it.

Here is the actual law if you would like to read it (http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html).

It defends the homeowner in most situations, but has it's limitations. There was a case not too long ago about a man who was in hot water because he shot a fleeing suspect in the back. It's was a very complicated situation because some people thought he was right by disposing of the criminal while others thought it was wrong because the criminal was fleeing and lethal force was not reasonable. I don't remember the outcome but it was not a good thing for gun owners or the castle doctrine.

Quick Reply: Going to try out EDCing a fixed blade