WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

HD Shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my 870 and modded a new england pardner 12 guage. It's pretty damn close to being the same but half the cost.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tarinitup
I sold my 870 and modded a new england pardner 12 guage. It's pretty damn close to being the same but half the cost.
nooooooooo not really.....
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

S12 ver. Tactics

9 rounds of 3" magnum 00 buckshot. 18.5" OAL.

It runs anything from the cheapest walmart federal birdshot up to flame throwing 3" magnum slugs with 100% reliability.

I am debating taking the barrel down to 11 or 12", but it raises a slew of reliability issues and I've already put a lot of money and work into getting this to run the complete spectrum of ammo with utter reliability. There's also the issue of registering and paying the $200 tax, not to mention the wait for it to be approved.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jared91
nooooooooo not really.....
, must have been dreaming when i owned both and compared for myself. My bad.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Me likey
Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jared91
also true. but i would rather have a light to identify before i pull the trigger. as to the other post.... know who you are talking to before you make a comment
I dont care who you are or what you do. I have friends in law enforcement and the armed forces and NONE of them have a light on their personal gun at home. If someone is in your house when theyre not suppose to be shame on them. I dont give a **** who it is, the only people who have a key to my house are people who have my phone number and they know to call or I will forever relieve them of the ability to use a key when I catch their *** in my dark house in the middle of the night.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I dont care who you are or what you do. I have friends in law enforcement and the armed forces and NONE of them have a light on their personal gun at home. If someone is in your house when theyre not suppose to be shame on them. I dont give a **** who it is, the only people who have a key to my house are people who have my phone number and they know to call or I will forever relieve them of the ability to use a key when I catch their *** in my dark house in the middle of the night.

If you can't see them, how do you know it's not one of your children (assuming you have any) up getting a glass of water?

Using a light to blind someone isn't ideal, as you will most likely blind yourself as well. A low level light mounted on the weapon with a touch pad style switch would be the best option. That way you will already have the weapon pointed toward the intruder, the light can be turned on with ease and quickly, you will have a clearer sight of the intruder, you will have the element of surprise assuming you were quiet enough to sneak up on them, and you will not blind yourself with an outrageously bright light.

In a situation such as home defense, it usually does happen at night. If you wake up to a noise, you might not have enough time to let your eyes fully adjust. A light mounted to the weapon is useful, I don't see how you could argue against that. You could argue against improper use of the light (ie keeping the light on the entire time, giving away your position), but the light could save you from shooting a family member or missing your first shot. Taking a second shot would be even more difficult because of the muzzle flash completely disrupting your night vision, as well as the noise of the weapon in a confined indoor space.

Last edited by 00ChevyScott; 04-26-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got a 7 month old, my house isn't pitch black anyway. You can think you hypotheticals all you want but my friends who do this stuff for a living don't use them so I'll take their advice. The all use night sites and their eyes, nothing else is needed in a typical house according to them. One has been a Travis county sheriff for over a decade, another has had 4 tours in Iraq and another 2 tours in Afghanistan so I figure they have more experience than your average keyboard warrior.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
S12 ver. Tactics

9 rounds of 3" magnum 00 buckshot. 18.5" OAL.

It runs anything from the cheapest walmart federal birdshot up to flame throwing 3" magnum slugs with 100% reliability.

I am debating taking the barrel down to 11 or 12", but it raises a slew of reliability issues and I've already put a lot of money and work into getting this to run the complete spectrum of ammo with utter reliability. There's also the issue of registering and paying the $200 tax, not to mention the wait for it to be approved.

Oh man, don't cut down that barrel. Those Saiga's are some damn fine weapons just the way they are. Maybe not as intimidating as a pump shotgun, but what the intruders don't know.........well actually it will hurt them
Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc3521
Oh man, don't cut down that barrel. Those Saiga's are some damn fine weapons just the way they are. Maybe not as intimidating as a pump shotgun, but what the intruders don't know.........well actually it will hurt them
Mine is hardly just the way it was out of the box lol. The barrel isn't factory length right now anyways.

Quick Reply: HD Shotgun