WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

I'm building my upper...toss ideas and info!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprayed99
trust me no one is stuck on that little lower of yours
I get it, you don't like the polymer, I did not ask if you did...I dont give two ***** how you feel about my lower! I'm asking about uppers. Be a big boy and realize it isn't all about you.

At the end of the day, my guns will hit what I need! Overpaying for an AR is just not something I am into, sorry. I can't remember the last time I needed to hit something passed 300 yards (which mine can) nor have the absolute smallest grouping. I don't build mine for any sort of competing. Mine are built for fun and hunting. That is it.

Please feel free to add useful info on uppers, or troll elsewhere.

nonnie, I may be in town this coming weekend. You have my number, let me know and we can possibly meet up at the range in Ft. Worth.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
I put the first 5 together with nothing but a vice and some punches wih a small hammer. Still dont have that lil pin holder thing. Pretty much got use to assembling with out it.
just makes it less of a headache being able to get everything together the first time, and not having to hunt detents down
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texasglock23
I get it, you don't like the polymer, I did not ask if you did...I dont give two ***** how you feel about my lower! I'm asking about uppers. Be a big boy and realize it isn't all about you.

At the end of the day, my guns will hit what I need! Overpaying for an AR is just not something I am into, sorry. I can't remember the last time I needed to hit something passed 300 yards (which mine can) nor have the absolute smallest grouping. I don't build mine for any sort of competing. Mine are built for fun and hunting. That is it.

Please feel free to add useful info on uppers, or troll elsewhere.

nonnie, I may be in town this coming weekend. You have my number, let me know and we can possibly meet up at the range in Ft. Worth.
It was a joke... can't you see the jester face. Take a chill pill man. I'm a big boy and you should watch who you insult on a public forum as it obviously tells more about yourself than you realize.

Maybe I thought we were on a bit better terms than I thought or maybe you don't remember the few times you asked for help and I even offered my help and gave you the option to come to my home for your transmission servo.

None the less no sweat off my back... best of luck to you.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHAHAH
yall crack me up..

you ever figure out what your gonna do on an upper?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sprayed99
It was a joke... can't you see the jester face. Take a chill pill man. I'm a big boy and you should watch who you insult on a public forum as it obviously tells more about yourself than you realize.

Maybe I thought we were on a bit better terms than I thought or maybe you don't remember the few times you asked for help and I even offered my help and gave you the option to come to my home for your transmission servo.

None the less no sweat off my back... best of luck to you.
no, I do remember it, and I appreciate it, but you've taken a couple stabs at the "inferior" lower on several occasions, seems more of a troll than joke.

And I did not insult you directly, you just took it that way, sort of in the same context of of your hatred for the polymer lower.

Maybe I am used to GMFS and the insistent dick head comments...if you truly are offended I am sorry, was not my intentions, but I was going to explain myself to the fullest, which is how I am in person and online
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
HAHAHAH
yall crack me up..

you ever figure out what your gonna do on an upper?
no, not in a huge rush, I hate the m4 profile barrels, so I've been holding out on a complete upper. I really don't want to spend more than $500. I will be building one more AR, so this one is going to be a true budget build for the wife.

I'm still heavily considering building one. Looked at DZE barrels last night. Still educating myself on everything before buying. I'm thinking 1/8 would be good. Mostly paper, some hogs.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tacticalinc.com had some cheap 99$ barrels.
i have on in 6.8 but put it aside and bought the BHW 6.8 barrel.
they had 5.56 9 twist barresl on sale for $80 not long ago.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll spend a bit more for a better known barrel. No more than $200 for barrel.