WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Pure Awesomeness, cop gets punked by law student

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pure Awesomeness, cop gets punked by law student

Know Your Rights Law Student Put Cops In His Place - YouTube
I understand the cop is just trying to do his job but people in that position of power should know the law, as these guys obviously didnt.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 PM
The House is Rockin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That dude is my hero LOL! He was running circles around those cops. Even the supervisor had nothing to say ahaha...
Old 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

that's where i'm confused. doesnt the gun have to be concealed?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
If you are not doing anything illegal let the cop do his job and you will be on your way shortly.

I get the kid was trying to make a point but he was being way more of an *** than needed.
true...but the cop had no legitimate reason to stop him...sooo it goes both ways. i have a feeling that the law student was looking for trouble though. why else would he have a camera running?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 PM

Protland, Maine its legal to open carry. The guy was probably looking for a confrontation but there shouldnt have been one to begin with if the officer knew the laws hes trying to enforce which is the point. The cop had no cause to stop a law abiding citizen much less sieze his property. If you notice the video doesnt start til well after he has been stopped as the officer already has the guy's gun in his hand. I dont know about you guys but my phone has a video option so I wouldnt say he was solely out for a fight but he didnt seem to mind it. To be honest Id treat an uninformed officer the same way. If an officer is going to enforce the law they should know it first and foremost otherwise where does it stop?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty funny
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is good lol
Old 06-26-2012, 06:39 PM

This was filmed in Portland, Maine. An officer has to have "just cause" to stop and search you. Simply walking down the street abiding by the law is not enough. The officer did not just check for it being loaded, he set it on the hood of his cruiser. Did you even watch the video? The whole point of the video is officers not knowing the law theyre trying to enforce. If theyre going to be a LEO they need to know their job which means knowing the law which these guys didnt. Serves em right for looking like an idiot.

Same would happen to me if I tried to shut down a jobsite for some construction practices that I thought were unsafe but are actually OSHA approved or stamped by a professional engineer. Know your job, dont have any problems.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It always the same. Popo stopping the good guys. I say go to the drug dealer house and take his Gus and ask him questions. Oh that to damm easy. Sorry my ex wife was a deputed.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Well the cop was just trying to do his job due to receiving the call, however..... The person being stopped is correct. Much like Portland Maine, the state I live in also allows open carry. I have seen people open carry in ......Wait for it...... Wal-Mart. Anyway, people may not have liked it but fact of the matter is that said individual did nothing wrong and the cop had no right to take his gun. Laws work both ways. Personally I CC so there are no uneasy people.

They should have just explained to said individual that made the call that open carry was legal and the person was doing nothing wrong, even checking into it is fine. Taking the guys gun is where the issues start.

Last edited by 03sierraslt; 06-26-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Pure Awesomeness, cop gets punked by law student